Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Mojave Installation Stuck with ASUS Z390 Board.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get to the Installong on Drive... screen without problems buts its stuck on About 15 minutes remaining again. The progress bar gets stuck at exact the same point every time I retry it.

Disconnect all of the internal drives except for the drive where you are installing Mojave.

Post a photo of the screen when the system freezes ("About 15 minutes remaining again. The progress bar gets stuck at exact the same point").

I included the EFI Folder of my USB Stick with this post.
For the Verbose Boot Screen I do not know which moment of it to send since it does not get stuck during the verbose boot screen but later during the installation log screen.
  • You cross posted giving me more information about your other hard disks in the system while I was creating my answer to your previous post.
  • With that information of other Internal Disks connected to the system and your additional information about the stage of the 2 Minutes Remaining or 15 minutes remaining freeze, I agree with NZRichard.
    • You should disconnect other disks and any other USB devices you may have connected to the System and not reported in your post.
    • I also agree with NZRichard about adding , EmuVariableUEFI-64 to the drivers64UEFI folder of USB Installer disk's EFI/CLOVER, if you continue to get the same error.

• You cross posted giving me more information about your other hard disks in the system while I was creating my answer to your previous post.
  • With that information of other Internal Disks connected to the system and your additional information about the stage of the 2 Minutes Remaining or 15 minutes remaining freeze, I agree with NZRichard.
    • You should disconnect other disks and any other USB devices you may have connected to the System and not reported in your post.
    • I also agree with NZRichard about adding , EmuVariableUEFI-64 to the drivers64UEFI folder of USB Installer disk's EFI/CLOVER, if you continue to get the same error.
Ok so I made a new UniBeast install and replaced my EFI folder with the one you uploaded. In did also add EmuVariableUEFI-64 to the drivers64UEFI folder and disabled the SATA Controller in my Bios. I did also disconnect a Audio Interface that was connected through USB till that moment.

With these changes it would not get stuck at 2 minutes but reboot once it was done. Next I picked the install Mojave Drive from the clover menu and instead of being stuck at 15 minutes it did actually install now to finish until it said restart to start Mac or something similar. I do now have a MacOS and a Recovery Drive in the Clover Menu. After picking the Mac Drive it would restart and at the second try finally boot. I am now on the desktop. I can not thank you enough for the time and effort.

Last edited:
Ok so I made a new UniBeast install and replaced my EFI folder with the one you uploaded. In did also add EmuVariableUEFI-64 to the drivers64UEFI folder and disabled the SATA Controller in my Bios. I did also disconnect a Audio Interface that was connected through USB till that moment.

With these changes it would not get stuck at 2 minutes but reboot once it was done. Next I picked the install Mojave Drive from the clover menu and instead of being stuck at 15 minutes it did actually install now to finish until it said restart to start Mac or something similar. I do now have a MacOS and a Recovery Drive in the Clover Menu. After picking the Mac Drive it would restart and at the second try finally boot. I am now on the desktop. I can not thank you enough for the time and effort.
Glad you finally succeeded. Congrats:clap:.
I believe NZRichard should get the lion's share of the credit for your success.

Hope you will be nice enough to find time to post a full illustrated Mojave Installation Manual/Guide for your hardware as your contribution to TonyMac Forum.:)

True a big thanks to Richard aswell. And I will try my best to do a Guide for my Hardware soon.

True a big thanks to Richard aswell. And I will try my best to do a Guide for my Hardware soon.
Thank you for your true 'Forum Spirit'. As you can see , you are one of a few who has been able to successfully install Mojave on a 300 Series board without too long a troubleshoot lasting for days. Your detailed illustrated post will be searched by many and would contribute a lot to the Hackintosh community.

It will be a good idea to Clone your Disk. If you are interested to use the Freeware(DonationWare) Clonezilla , you can check this brief illustrated post ->#2

In all difficult installation, I clone the successful Hard disk onto a cheaper disk of equal or bigger size using Clonezilla and then also try a fresh install on another Cheap disk using a USB Installer taking images from its own Partition and Format , creation of UEFI USB Installer, Installation and editing of CLOVER/kext/other, drivers64UEFI and all the SECTIONS of config.plist, BIOS Options screen shots, CBM screen and its Options Submenu screen shots, Verbose boot Screen shots , MojaveUtilities_DU and Mojave Hard disk Installation Screen shots, System Installation screens, Desktop and System Report_Hardware Screen shots, System Preferences screen shots ( networking , Sound etc) . This when properly edited becomes a complete Mojave Installation Manual for your Hackintosh or Muti-boot System for yourself and to a lot of others through this Forum.
Please Prefix your Post [SOLVED] to make it a useful search term.
Good luck.

Thank you for your true 'Forum Spirit'. As you can see , you are one of a few who has been able to successfully install Mojave on a 300 Series board without too long a troubleshoot lasting for days. Your detailed illustrated post will be searched by many and would contribute a lot to the Hackintosh community.

It will be a good idea to Clone your Disk. If you are interested to use the Freeware(DonationWare) Clonezilla , you can check this brief illustrated post ->#2

In all difficult installation, I clone the successful Hard disk onto a cheaper disk of equal or bigger size using Clonezilla and then also try a fresh install on another Cheap disk using a USB Installer taking images from its own Partition and Format , creation of UEFI USB Installer, Installation and editing of CLOVER/kext/other, drivers64UEFI and all the SECTIONS of config.plist, BIOS Options screen shots, CBM screen and its Options Submenu screen shots, Verbose boot Screen shots , MojaveUtilities_DU and Mojave Hard disk Installation Screen shots, System Installation screens, Desktop and System Report_Hardware Screen shots, System Preferences screen shots ( networking , Sound etc) . This when properly edited becomes a complete Mojave Installation Manual for your Hackintosh or Muti-boot System for yourself and to a lot of others through this Forum.
Please Prefix your Post [SOLVED] to make it a useful search term.
Good luck.
Sorry for the late reply I had a busy week with work...

So I major problem that I still got now and that I would like to know a fix for before a write a guide is that the Hackintosh won't shutdown. I always have to force shutdown on the hardware at the moment to turn it off. Also when it turns into sleep mode it won't come back.

Is there a known fix for that?

I always have to force shutdown on the hardware at the moment to turn it off. Also when it turns into sleep mode it won't come back.

Is there a known fix for that?

Have you installed Clover with emulated NVRAM, included RC scripts, on the internal/boot drive?

Have you installed Clover with emulated NVRAM, included RC scripts, on the internal/boot drive?
I don't know I did not change anything to the EFI file that cmn699 uploaded. I just used Clover to replace the EFI file that UniBeast created with the one that he made/modified.

I don't know I did not change anything to the EFI file that cmn699 uploaded. I just used Clover to replace the EFI file that UniBeast created with the one that he made/modified.

• The EFI I uploaded was the EFI from your USB Installer I did some editing to overcome the "2 Minutes Freeze " issue you had during installation.
  • For that editing I'd performed the following steps
    • I added to your EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other missing kexts like Lilu.kext+WhatEverGreen.kext+XHCIunsupported.kext, USBInjectALL.kext and AppleAlc.kext .
    • I did not add anything to your drivers64UEFI folder at that time .
    • I edited config.plist correcting some errors and omissions.
  • Immediately after I uploaded that Folder, I saw your cross posting and Richard's Post in reply to your's.
    • I agreed with Richard about adding EmuVaraiableUEFI-64 to your drivers64UEFI if the System was still hanging without completing the installation.
    • Your next post was that you had succeeded with installation and there was no reference to how; but later you mentioned you just used the edited CLOVER for the successful installation.
  • After installation,
    • Did you copy and paste the same Edited EFI Folder from the USB Installer disk on to the Hard disks' EFI Partition? or
    • Did you run Multibeast on the System Disk? or
    • Did you run a new Clover EFI from the NET on that System Disk?
  • Since the current problem is with the System Disk Shut Down, please upload its CLOVER as a zipped file using Clover Configurator (Global Edition) after Mounting the EFI from System hard disk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back