Contribute
Register

Mojave Installation Freezes at 15 Minutes Remaining

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, I got some news - I managed to get my installation done (it used to be stuck at 15, then at 13 minutes before) and it's booting now, too. I will just send in a few screenshots of what has worked for me (don't know if it will for you).

These are the drivers and kexts I was using:

View attachment 400580

In order to modify them I used the Clover Configurator:

These were the drivers I activated:

View attachment 400583

When installing, my USB stick was connected via USB 2.0 (obviously), but one thing I also activated before installing was the USB Ownership and the USB Injection under Options > PCI devices in the bootlader:

View attachment 400586

As mentioned above, before installing the OS I actually formatted the hard drive to APFS, not Mac OS Extended (Journaled).

The installation took about five minutes, then the system rebooted. Now, normally you would boot into the partition that reads Boot macOS Install from Mojave, but that's exactly where the installation would get stuck at 13 minutes for me. Therefore I instead continued the second part of the installation using the partition Boot macOS Install Prebooter from Preboot:

View attachment 400587

And this really did the trick for me. The installation continued at the infamous 13 minutes, but then continued all the way through. And now I can also boot into the installed OS after the installation, without the boot getting stuck at 100%.

Hope this might help.
I followed your steps and got my installation done. Thanks bro!!

Okay, I've found a way to at least circumvent the stuck-at-15/13-minutes-with-consequantial-reboot-thing.

First off, I personally needed to add the USBInjectAll.kext and the XHCI-unsupported.kext to the /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other directory on the EFI partition of the installer before I could even get to the installation. That said, the installation went through once I had downloaded the Clover EFI bootloader here:

…and then installed it onto the installer I had previously prepared with UniBeast. Important during the installation is to check the OSxAptioFix3Drv-64.efi which apparently will replace the problematic AptioMemoryFix.efi (you need to make sure that one is unchecked).

View attachment 400485

When installing macOS Mojave again with this altered installer, another crucial thing seems to be to not format your hard drive to Mac OS Extended (Journaled) as per the installation guide, but to instead format it to APFS.

For me the installation then went through. However, when rebooting now the installed system will load all the way to the end but for some reason won't get beyond the loading screen, even though the loading has completed.
Tried this one also, but nothing. The installation has been done, but after that i tried to boot up from SSD preboot or not, it stucked at Apple logo. BIOS is good, Clover also. Drivers, KEXT files also. I don't know what can i do now. :(

Edit no.1: I had to change the Aptio fix for the 2000, and the installer made it. Now i have a Recovery partition in Clover, but if i want to start the MacOS from the M2 SSD it stuck at the Apple logo. Do you know maybe any idea? Thanks!

Last edited:
Being hung at the Apple logo won't give much away as to the nature of the issue.
Try adding -v to the boot parameters in Clover to see the text based loading screen.
When it hangs you will be able to see what the error or current task is and they may give more pointers to us.

I had to do the same as I was missing the correct value of the 'CsrActiveConfig' parameter in clover.
It was pretty easy to spot from the text based boot screen.

Thanks first of all VeyronMick!
I have time now so tried again. There is a new symptom. :)
With -v booted from SSD it runs. But after app. 15 minutes got this state. Nothing else. Is this some VGA issue maybe? I have an RX580 8GB Nitro+ Special Edition btw.

Thanks again your suggestions!

Attachments

• IMG_0274.jpg
    IMG_0274.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 142
My installation stuck at 15 mins before. But I found on another site that it was the Samsung 970 evo plus costing the problem. So I download the latest firmware from Samsung and update it. After that the installation went great. So I hope this can help.

My installation stuck at 15 mins before. But I found on another site that it was the Samsung 970 evo plus costing the problem. So I download the latest firmware from Samsung and update it. After that the installation went great. So I hope this can help.

This one was the best hint ever. Now I can finish my rig ...

I was able to get past this by unplugging my wireless mouse dongle. It works great after the installation, but would never go forward with it plugged in. So I would look at any extraneous USB devices you have plugged in.

Where did you found those drivers? Because I think i have same issue.

:) of course why am I even asking :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back