Contribute
Register

Mojave Install - Prohibited Sign

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks P1LGRIM. Good news - I got through the install and all the way to the new Mojave desktop.

once I take out the usb drive and restart the computer, it goes straight to the gigabyte bios and won't boot. do I have to forever keep the usb stick in to get into Mojave?

are you talking about doing this? I found this in a different thread about high Sierra, but maybe it will work for Mojave too:

-----

Start with the computer powered off.
Insert your USB installer.
Power on the computer and press your boot menu key - Usually F12 but YMMV.
At the boot menu screen select your USB flash drive as the boot device and boot.
At the Clover menu screen select your hard drive and boot.

When you get to the desktop download and run EFI Mounter and mount the EFI partition of your USB.
Copy the entire /EFI folder from the EFI partition of your USB to the desktop.
Eject the USB.
Run EFI Mounter again and mount the EFI partition of your SSD.
Delete the entire /EFI folder from the EFI partition of your SSD.
Copy the /EFI folder from your desktop to the EFI partition of your SSD.
Restart

You should now be able to boot from your SSD in the same way that you could previously boot from your USB

are you talking about doing this? I found this in a different thread about high Sierra, but maybe it will work for Mojave too:
No, that's not what I'm talking about but it will work too.

can you tell me what you are talking about? I'd rather do it the right way and have this hack run as smooth and fast as possible.

You can run MultiBeast and select Bootloaders - Clover UEFI Boot Mode + Emulated NVRAM.
or
You can use a pre built Clover build from the Downloads section of this site - Here.
or
You can download the Clover installer from Sourceforge and install it.

can you tell me what you are talking about? I'd rather do it the right way and have this hack run as smooth and fast as possible.

Thanks P1LGRIM. I"m going to run MB tonight, gotta go to work. I just saw this next step #5 (DUH). I'll give it a shot and let you know. thank you.

You can run MultiBeast and select Bootloaders - Clover UEFI Boot Mode + Emulated NVRAM.
or
You can use a pre built Clover build from the Downloads section of this site - Here.
or
You can download the Clover installer from Sourceforge and install it.

of the three ways you recommended, is one way better than another? I don't want to mess up my system and want it to run optimally. I can do any of these. or maybe it doesn't even matter and they are all the same thing?

also, on the guide on this website it says to "Choose the appropriate Drivers options for your system", but I don't know how I'm supposed to know what those drivers are...

thanks.

Last edited:
of the three ways you recommended, is one way better than another? I don't want to mess up my system and want it to run optimally. I can do any of these. or maybe it doesn't even matter and they are all the same thing? thanks.
The end result is the same in all cases (including the method in Post #13).
None of them will "optimise" your system but they should enable it to boot without the USB flash drive and then you can begin to fine tune things.

ok. I'll just pick one then. thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back