Contribute
Register

Mojave Install Problem after Multibeast Configuration (Solved)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, when I went to the Clover Boot Menu - Options - Graphics Injector I did not see a place to enter an "invalid platform id 0x12345678". The screen I got is attached. To try something I checked the "Inject Intel" box and tried to boot. After what seemed like 90 seconds I was expecting it to stall again at the same "gIOScreenLockState 3" place. While typing this update I looked up and saw the White Apple logo. I thought, well maybe we're getting somewhere. It is now sitting with the progress bar not moving (se other photo). I figure I'll let it sit here a bit before forcing a restart. Any other ideas?

Attachments

• IMG_6962.jpg
    IMG_6962.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 39
  • IMG_6963.jpg
    IMG_6963.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 41
when I went to the Clover Boot Menu - Options - Graphics Injector I did not see a place to enter an "invalid platform id 0x12345678".

Here :

Platform.png

Injecting Intel is correct.

While typing this update I looked up and saw the White Apple logo.

You must boot in verbose mode in order to capture any information that may be useful for problem diagnosis.

Ok, while looking into the Clover Boot Options Screens I checked the "About Clover" and saw, to my horror, that it said "Clover v2.4k r4586". I could have sworn it was r4862 (I had written it down). So, I'd guess that's probably one of, if not the major, problem. To update Clover then should I boot with the Mojave install USB and then use Multibeast (which I would copy to that USB) to update the Clover on my Mojave SSD? I am very sorry if my oversight caused us both to sin our wheels. I've been running a Hackintosh for over 10 years and this is the most trouble I've ever had with a Mac OS 10.X.X update.

Attachments

• IMG_6964.jpg
    IMG_6964.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 50
while looking into the Clover Boot Options Screens I checked the "About Clover" and saw, to my horror, that it said "Clover v2.4k r4586".

If the 10.14.4 update has failed to complete you should still have the option in Clover to boot from your previous OS.

I know. When I do select "Boot macOS from Mojave" it starts the process (in "Verbose mode"), it seems to stall at "busy timeout (0), (60s): 'AppleACPICPU'" for 3 cycles, hits the "gIOScreenLockState 3" for just a second and then goes to the White Apple. There it hangs with the progress bar at about 2/3. I haven't let it sit there fo an hour or more but I could. So, any ideas? BTW, you have been amazing and I do really appreciate your help and patience.

When I do select "Boot macOS from Mojave" it starts the process (in "Verbose mode"), it seems to stall at "busy timeout (0), (60s): 'AppleACPICPU'" for 3 cycles, hits the "gIOScreenLockState 3" for just a second and then goes to the White Apple.

You can tell if it is hung by observing the drive activity light.
Also toggle the Caps Lock key and see if the light state changes.

We have a guide that tells you how to do the update but sadly nobody wrote a guide for what to do if you fail to follow the instructions.

Hard to diagnose with no other evidence.

I know. When I do select "Boot macOS from Mojave" it starts the process (in "Verbose mode"), it seems to stall at "busy timeout (0), (60s): 'AppleACPICPU'" for 3 cycles, hits the "gIOScreenLockState 3" for just a second and then goes to the White Apple. There it hangs with the progress bar at about 2/3. I haven't let it sit there fo an hour or more but I could. So, any ideas? BTW, you have been amazing and I do really appreciate your help and patience.
  • I have reviewed your CBM screen>Graphics Injector Screen and edited with annotation for your current Graphics Freeze before reaching the Login screen. [See image]
  • Reboot to CBM >Options>Graphics Injector-> and edit the value of *-platform-id: from 0x00000000 to 0X0D220003
  • Return to CBM and boot in Verbose [ add -v to Options> Boot Args: ------- or Pressing Space bar and placing [√] Verbose (-v)
  • If you can then login and your Apple About This Mac> System Report..>Graphics and Display show everything OK, then mount your System Disk's EFI Partition using Clover Configurator and open config.plist and go to Devices SECTION and make sure the Fake ID is still 04128086 for IntelGFX and then in Graphics [√]InjectIntel and in ig-platform-id is edited to add 0x0d220003

Attachments

• 1.CBM_Options_GraphicsInjector.png
    1.CBM_Options_GraphicsInjector.png
    903.8 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:
cmn699, thanks for stepping in to assist me (again....). I made the changes to the Graphics Injector that you suggested. Upon booting I go through 3 "busy timeout(x), (60s): AppleACPICPU" before it then boots to the white Apple Logo but still hangs with the progress bar stalled at about the 2/3 level. Any other ideas would be appreciated. Again, I really thank you for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back