Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Mojave Install on HP Z800 using a guide (can someone help please?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The GTX 670 has native support, it does not need the web drivers.
Yes of course, i remember i used the boot argument nv_disable=1
I'll keep trying and if i'm still having problems i'll message back here later.
Thank you again.

Suggestions :
Remove /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/dsdt.aml
Remove /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/ ACPIMonitor.kext, AHCIPortInjector_v1.0.0_Micky1979.kext, AppleACPIPlatform.kext, FakeSMC_CPUSensors.kext, FakeSMC_GPUSensors.kext, IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector_v1.0.0_Micky1979.kext, VoodooTSCSync.kext.

Try this modified config.plist

Attachments

• config.plist
    6.5 KB · Views: 32
i remember i used the boot argument nv_disable=1
That disables the Nvidia drives so that the card operates in VESA mode with no acceleration.

Suggestions :
Remove /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/ ACPIMonitor.kext, AHCIPortInjector_v1.0.0_Micky1979.kext, AppleACPIPlatform.kext, FakeSMC_CPUSensors.kext, FakeSMC_GPUSensors.kext, IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector_v1.0.0_Micky1979.kext, VoodooTSCSync.kext.

Yes I will give this a try. Thank you again.

Suggestions :

I tried those suggestions and it made much more progress but it stop as shown in the first picture below.
And then a 'stop symbol' showed on the screen and all the text became corrupted.
I'd be grateful of any other suggestions.

IMG_1958.jpg

Attachments

• 1664966208833.jpeg
    1664966208833.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 16
This message as well. Some of it is readable down the bottom.
It mentions "set power levels"
and "Still waiting for root device".
Thanks again if you can offer any more help.

Attachments

• HACK4.jpg
    HACK4.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 17
A very common problem as you will see if you use the forum Search tool to look for Still waiting for root device.

"Still waiting for root device".
When booting from USB means that there is a problem finding a valid System folder to start up from on your USB flash drive.
This is usually because the flash drive is in a USB3 port.
If this is the case move it to a USB2 port, if it is already in a USB2 port move it to another and try again.
Repeat until you have tried all USB ports.
Use a USB2 flash drive.
If it still doesn't work you could try another flash drive.
It can be caused by using a flash drive that is greater than 32GB, if this is the case you must create a partition of 32GB or less.
Try connecting your USB flash drive using a USB2 hub.
You might also try enabling Legacy on your USB3 ports in your BIOS settings.
Set XHCI Handoff to Enabled in your BIOS settings.
Ensure that Fast Boot is not enabled in your BIOS settings.
At Clover Boot Screen select Options > PCI devices > USB Ownership and USB Injection.
May require USBInjectAll.kext in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/.
May require XHCI-unsupported.kext in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/. (Click Download repository).
May require a USB Port Limit patch.
https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-usb-inject-all/downloads/ - Click Download repository

I'll follow some of the tips i the forums regarding the 'Still waiting for root device' error,
I'm sure i'll get it fixed. I just want to say a massive thank you for offering to help me today.
I'll post back here later if needed.
Many thanks again.

A very common problem as you will see if you use the forum Search tool to look for Still waiting for root device.

"Still waiting for root device".
When booting from USB means that there is a problem finding a valid System folder to start up from on your USB flash drive.
This is usually because the flash drive is in a USB3 port.
If this is the case move it to a USB2 port, if it is already in a USB2 port move it to another and try again.
Repeat until you have tried all USB ports.
Use a USB2 flash drive.
If it still doesn't work you could try another flash drive.
It can be caused by using a flash drive that is greater than 32GB, if this is the case you must create a partition of 32GB or less.
Try connecting your USB flash drive using a USB2 hub.
You might also try enabling Legacy on your USB3 ports in your BIOS settings.
Set XHCI Handoff to Enabled in your BIOS settings.
Ensure that Fast Boot is not enabled in your BIOS settings.
At Clover Boot Screen select Options > PCI devices > USB Ownership and USB Injection.
May require USBInjectAll.kext in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/.
May require XHCI-unsupported.kext in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/. (Click Download repository).
May require a USB Port Limit patch.
https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-usb-inject-all/downloads/ - Click Download repository
Yep i'll try that. I really appreciate your help with this and I can check forums for further info too.
Thanks so much again for your help and time today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back