Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Mojave Install on HP Z800 using a guide (can someone help please?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
HP Z800 Workstation
CPU
2 x Xeon X5630
Graphics
EVGA GTX 670
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello,
I hope you don't mind me posting here, but i've been trying to fix an issue for a week or so and I just can't find a solution.

I had my system working fine with Sierra for a few years and wanted to update to Mojave using this guide below (but i've got a problem)
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-hp-z800-workstation-on-mac-os-mojave-10-14-6.305127/

My system is a HP Z800 (28GB Ram)
GTX670 GPU
And i'm trying to install Mojave 10.14.6

It's been a while since i've setup my hackintosh originally, so maybe i'm overlooking something simple.
Here is a screenshot of the install error (verbose mode). Hope the picture quality is ok.
Once again any help at all would be really appreciated.

Screenshot.jpg

First clear NVRAM.
Second boot with -f UseKernelCache=No.

First clear NVRAM.
Thank you so much for taking the time to reply.
I will try what you said.

Thank you again

First clear NVRAM.
Still no luck.
I just tried clearing NVRAM (pressed F11 on clover menu)
and also add the boot argument to clover config.plist (-f UseKernelCache=No)

See below for a screenshot of the error.
Again any help would be really appreciated.
Screenshot2.jpg

Computers don't run on luck.

zip and attach your /EFI folder.
Thank you, yes my EFI folder is attached.

Just to mention that last year, I managed to install Mojave successfully using this guide https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-hp-z800-workstation-on-mac-os-mojave-10-14-6.305127/
and by generating a new serial number for my machine. I remember i had a few issues which i solved somehow after going through forums.

But I reverted back to Sierra after a couple of days (which I regret). The EFI file attached is the working backup copy of the EFI which i used last year to install Mojave successfully.

I'd appreciate any help at all. It's been a while since i built my hackintosh, and over a year since i managed the mojave install.

Thanks again, please let me know if you need any other info.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    23 MB · Views: 48
Install log says AMD Radeon RX 480 but your profile says EVGA GTX 670, which is correct ?

Install log says AMD Radeon RX 480 but your profile says EVGA GTX 670, which is correct ?
Yes mine is a EVGA GTX 670.
How would I change that, in clover settings yes?
Any help regarding this would be much appreciated.

By not blindly using someone else's /EFI folder.
Apologies, i had successfully installed Mojave previously based on this EFI (but with lots of changes, such as allowing Web Driver etc). I thought this EFI would work fine.

I'll keep trying and will update later, i had no idea my GPU setting was incorrect. Apologies again about that.
Thanks so much for helping me identify the issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back