Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Mojave Install Looping Endlessly Back To Clover Boot Screen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm, I'm quite confused actually what I am meant to do with my new config.plist now... I've spend a couple hours googling what to do here... I assumed I would be able to apply it within Unibeast to the USB installer.

What should I put on the USB I am using to install OSX from?

I really appreciate the detailed response:)

I've followed your directions and I'm about to try the install again. Attached are screenshots of everything I have altered.

A few questions if you have time to address them:

Rt Variables
Can/should I re-enable SIP after completing installation? It seems like a scary thing to disable...

Drivers
You did not include AudioDXE-64.efi in your recommended drivers list, but you did not mention deleting it like you did with kexts. Should I delete AudioDXE-64?

GUI
Why is Windows hidden? I will actually have two SSD’s in this computer, one booting mac and one booting Windows. Will having Windows as a hidden volume here cause me problems in booting Windows?

Thank you!
Rt Variables
Can/should I re-enable SIP after completing installation? It seems like a scary thing to disable...
After HDD Install you can try and Re-Enable SIP, if you feel concerned about it. Remember every time you install a kext you will have to Disable SIP. Unlike RealMac , I don't feel this is a big deal. I leave it Disabled. My system may be a lot different because I try different devices to help others troubleshoot and therefore my system are in a constant flux. I also keep a close watch and can handle most problems without anyone to assist to diagnose or fix issues. For your system, I will leave the final decision making to you once you have a fully working system and you don't need to tinker anything on it to fix.

Drivers
You did not include AudioDXE-64.efi in your recommended drivers list, but you did not mention deleting it like you did with kexts. Should I delete AudioDXE-64?
What was your reason to use it?
I don't use it in my systems and I have not had any specific issues. The AppleALC.kext and Lilu and WhateverGreen will take care of System Audio and video once you set them up OK.

GUI
Why is Windows hidden? I will actually have two SSD’s in this computer, one booting mac and one booting Windows. Will having Windows as a hidden volume here cause me problems in booting Windows?
CLOVER is the Bootloader for all Systems[Mac|Windows|Linux] inside the Computer case in Hackintosh. Clover will take them to Clover Boot Manager Screen and from there once you launch non-mac disks, the bootloaders in then (BCD|GRUB) will take over the respective OSEs to their own Login and Desktop screens. Gui >Hide Volumes is a nice feature to tidy up the CBM screen.

Hmm, I'm quite confused actually what I am meant to do with my new config.plist now... I've spend a couple hours googling what to do here... I assumed I would be able to apply it within Unibeast to the USB installer.

What should I put on the USB I am using to install OSX from?
Unibeast9 for Mojave= Mojave System Files(Install MacOS Mojave) transferring tool from Mac/Hack Applications Folder to Partitioned and Formatted USB Flash disk 16 GB (or higher) +Clover EFI Installer + config.plist editor for that Mojave Installed USB.

If it were a "Perfect macOS Mojave USB Installer Making tool" for all different hardware people choose to build Hackintosh, none should be posting here for help! Similarly Mutibeast is a Clover and Kexts installer and config.plist tweaker for the System Hard Disk. It is not also a PERFECT TOOL for all Hardware. If that was the case we should not see this many number of Post Install help seekers.

The bottom line is this. These tools are very good. Even then the user has to check the Disk after they are run on the USB or System disk before launching them. Hackintosh is a constantly changing project trying to catchup with ever changing releases of newer macOSEs.

Immediately after you finish creating the USB installer with Unibeast, from the auto mounted EFI, check each of its Folder and config.plist with an editor like Plist Editor (for skilled) or Clover Configurator for those who need a Gui tool Clover Configurator Global Clover Configurator (Global Edition)

If you want to edit with the uploaded screen shots you may check #4

Last edited:
Sorry for my delayed response and thanks again for all your help.

I’ve got it up and running now. In the end, it seems like the best solution when the install hits a snag is just to repeat the step a few times and eventually the system seems to just progress for some unknown reason.

What was your reason to use it?
I don't use it in my systems and I have not had any specific issues. The AppleALC.kext and Lilu and WhateverGreen will take care of System Audio and video once you set them up OK.

I didn't have any reason for using it, it was just automatically there from Unibeast

Sorry for my delayed response and thanks again for all your help.

I’ve got it up and running now. In the end, it seems like the best solution when the install hits a snag is just to repeat the step a few times and eventually the system seems to just progress for some unknown reason.

I didn't have any reason for using it, it was just automatically there from Unibeast

• Glad you finally finished the installation.Congrats:clap:

• To avoid having to go through the same rigmarole if something happens to the current system disk that makes it unbootable, it may be a good idea to create a clone of the current System disk for safe keeping and to use as a full restore disk.
    • Clonezilla is a Freeware that can make an exact clone of the entire disk on a Disk of Same or Larger size from SSD to SSD SSD to Platter Disk or Platter Disk to SSD.
      • For an illustrated post you may check #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back