Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming
CPU
i9 9900K
Graphics
RX580
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi I have the Gigabyte Z390 Gaming motherboard which doesn't have native optical output but when I built it I added a riser to give me optical & coax outputs which I eventually got working with the help of this thread (which is now closed) https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/all-audio-is-working-except-optical-under-mojave.278807/page-3

I've avoided the upgrades until now but needed to do it for another software package.

I originally got it working by editing the config.plist. I've checked the config.plist & the edit is still as it should be & I've replaced the AppleALC kext but it's refusing to work.

Any help greatly appreciated

Cheers...

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-02-14 at 12.54.09_1.jpg
    Screenshot 2022-02-14 at 12.54.09_1.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 47
Over 100 views, surely one of you whizz kids out there can advise me what to do?

Over 100 views, surely one of you whizz kids out there can advise me what to do?
You've not really given much information to go on.

You do say that you replaced the AppleALC kext, as that is a plug-in kext for Lilu.kext did you replace that too ?

No need for sarchasm or no-one will bother to try and help.

Plus, as @P1LGRIM says we need more to go one. For example Lilu and AppleALC releases should match. What's more with certain macOS versions you actually need to step back your ApplceALC version due to new incompatibilities.

So if you get no further perhaps ZIP your EFI folder, after removing serial-numbers, and upload it.

PILGRIM & UtterDisbelief

I didn't mean to offend, sorry about that.

But no I didn't replace the Lilu.kext I'll try that when I get home.

Thanks for the pointers.

Cheers...

I replaced both the AppleAlc & Lilu kexts which I downloaded from here but it didn't solve the problem.

As the USB audio is working fine I decided to search for a USB to Optical device as a quick fix. I came across several devices and chose this tiny one from StarTech.com and it works great, currently it's about 25quid from Amazon UK & may be an easy solution for others in the future.
StarTech.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back