Contribute
Register

Mojave -> Catalina update progress bar stuck on 40% in second stage, please help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Intel H61
CPU
i7 2600 3.4GHZ 4 Cores
Graphics
AMD RX 560 4GB
Hello,
I built a full hackintosh supported PC build around a year ago. Set up a dual boot of windows and MacOS Mojave on it back then. Only kext I had to use was FakeSMC.kext. All USB ports, wifi adapter, audio, everything was supported by default because I used the most compatible PC parts for it. Tried updating to Catalina (10.15.7) yesterday through the official guide on this forum. However, the progress bar is stuck at 40% on the second stage of installation for the last 3 hours. Restarted it a couple times, tried safe boot (that's giving some weird errors), checked out verbose logs, nothing pointing towards what the issue could be.

Attached the clover config file if that helps with the debugging. PC specs are listed with my account details. Please let me know if I can provide any details that would help with the debugging, and I'll do it right away

I have searched through every single Catalina thread on this forum, and other forums, including ****** too, but no one seems to have the same exact problem as mine, hence I had to post this.

Any help, any help at all, just absolutely any help would be greatly greatly appreciated, I absolutely need the mac for a really important work project that's overdue!!

Attachments

• config.plist
    6.4 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:
A picture if that helps too. Not sure if this is a big deal but when searching through other peoples posts, they seemed to be mentioning that they're stuck on 'x minutes left'. I don't see anything like that though, not sure if that's relevant

Attachments

• IMG_0160.jpg
    IMG_0160.jpg
    662.5 KB · Views: 29
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back