Contribute
Register

Mojave 10.14.5 installation on LG gram 17 stuck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you make your USB MBR or GPT using the install guide?

My install USB is formatted HFS+ journaled, and, I presume, GUID, as I don't think you can do MBR with that. the Mojave version, as I can see it, is 10.14.3. bootflags in image. TIA

Attachments

• bootflags.png
    bootflags.png
    29.4 KB · Views: 193
Sorry for the delay in responding... busy weekend and week.

I don't have the same update numbers, but all the same updates. I wonder why the difference in revisions? That's weird. And yes, it proclaims I'm up to date.

I have a question... Are you booting plan vanilla? or are you using a special modified installer disc image? I should have asked that before... Also, I now wonder if my version of Mojave is an issue. What version of Mojave is on your install USB?

Edit: I should have added that my USB is the same one I used to install Mojave on my desktop. I swapped out the Clover folder on the EFI, though, which is the only thing I did to "modify" my install USB in the first place. the Vanilla install went swimmingly on my desktop, so I don't think the medium or installer is the problem, unless the version of Mojave makes a difference.
I have no idea why you have different revisions of updated software in windows. Try to get the same as mine.
I'm using 10.14.5 Mojave vanilla installer. No modifications. It is the same for all systems (desktop and laptops)
Cheers

My install USB is formatted HFS+ journaled, and, I presume, GUID, as I don't think you can do MBR with that. the Mojave version, as I can see it, is 10.14.3. bootflags in image. TIA
Try to update your installer to 10.14.5
Cheers

copy that. Will try with 10.14.5 and GPT. I have not changed any hardware yet. still have the included ssd inside with windows installed. will attempt a format of the ssd in the mac os installer

Did you guys get your Gram to boot? My Aero 15 has the same issue, and freezes at the same spot as what is shown in this thread. What exactly did you do to get it to boot?

EDIT: Solved. The OP's RTC Fix resolved my issue.

Last edited:
I used 10.14.5 Mojave and RehabMan's build for laptops, but still not able to boot into Mojave installer. In clover, when i boot from Mojave OSX install it goes black and the apple logo appears for 2 seconds then system reboots into clover menu. I used GPT partitioning not MBR

I bought myself a 16 gig pendrive today, and am currently redownloading Mojave, and will be trying to create an installer just for my Gram using Unibeast/Multibeast and Clover. I'll try to document things as I go, and if it works, will try to give more detailed info on what I did that worked for me. Keep fingers crossed it works. ;-)

Hm. I check for updates, but LG Update Center claims everything is up-to-date. But when I boot with the new Clover, it goes into a boot loop, starts the OS (either the Apple logo, or a couple screens of text flying by that I can't read), and suddenly reboots.

Do you know exactly what LG updated that made the change?

I got as far, in the end, as this screenshot shows
Hello. I use lg gram 15zd990, and I got same error. Do you know how to fix it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back