Contribute
Register

ML Unibeast boot failure: BootCacheControl: Unable to open /var/db/BootCache.playlist: 2 No such fil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Mountain Lion
CPU
Intel core i7 2700K
Graphics
Gigabyte ATI Radeon HD6850
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Please help! Trying to install ML on a newly partitioned (blank) HDD. Followed instructions on preparing Flash Drive with Unibeast 2.0.1 for Mountain Lion. Chimaera loads up fine. During ML boot sequence I get the apple logo with spinning ball, which freezes after several seconds. Booting in verbose mode shows the error BootCacheControl: Unable to open /var/db/BootCache.playlist: 2 No such file or directory. Previous Shutdown Cause: 5. Currently using GIGABYTE GA-Z68XP-UD4 Motherboard; Corsair Vengeance Blue 16 GB DDR3 SDRAM CMZ16GX3M4A1600C9B; Seagate Barracuda ST1000DM003 HDD; only using 4 GB of RAM in system and built-in graphics (Intel HD Graphics 3000) using either HDMI or DVI. BIOS version is F5 and BIOS settings set to optimized, SATA: AHCI, HPET tried both 32- and 64-bit mode, S.M.A.R.T. tried both enabled and disabled. Tried using every combination of -x graphicsenabler=yes/no npci=0x3000 pcirootuid=0/1.

Update: Currently attempting Snow Leopard install (which is what I had on the computer before I wiped it and tried the ML install). Using older iBoot and Snow Leopard CDs. Will try to upgrade after Snow Leopard is installed. Whether or not it works I would like to follow up on my original problem if anyone has suggestions.

Was able to re-install Snow Leopard, but still running into the same problem when trying to boot from Unibeast.

Update: I flashed my BIOS to UEFI and was able to boot all the way to the installation screen for Unibeast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back