Contribute
Register

ML: Optimized Realtek AppleHDA - Preview/Alpha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks very much for this Toleda. The guide worked like a charm on my GA-Z68XP-UD3-F10. I edited my DSDT, cleared out all the audio kexts and ran KextBeast with the relevant download. Big up to you. Many thanks.

Hello Toleda, i'm a little lost.

I have a gigabyte GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3 bios version f10, and a GTX560 ti with hdmi output for a 'tv plasma'

With ML_HDA-889 sound works like charme. But no HDMI audio.

I edited my DSDT with no trouble, but when a try do edit AppleHDAControler i reboot and have a black screen. My question i need to edit appleHDAControler to have hdmi audio? and after edit appleHDA to get my hdmi audio?

If yes this AppleHDA.kext,fromML_HDA-889, is v2.3 and appleHDAControler.kext is v2.3 i can't edit in the some way. (change de hdmi id in this controler only have 2 times 'de 10 ea 0b')

So this ml_hda-889 have hdmi audio by default or i need a to edit a appleHda v2.1.x/v2.2?

sorry my english

ps:with ml_hda-889 for detect hdmi id is only possible if i delete the HDAenabler.kext

Using a ALC 892 which only worked with 10.7.x with Voodoo as the MultiBeast version showed the icon but no sound.

Now with this Kexts on 10.8 The Sound kinda works.

Speakers on Laptop is popping on sound event so one step further on that Headphones works but are choppy.

Now like most i am now also getting Sound Assertions on line 360.

Music software that used midi also doesn't work atm but expect that from a Alpha driver.

Other then sound the rest of my laptop is like totally working.

I edited my DSDT with no trouble, but when a try do edit AppleHDAControler i reboot and have a black screen. My question i need to edit appleHDAControler to have hdmi audio? and after edit appleHDA to get my hdmi audio?

So this ml_hda-889 have hdmi audio by default or i need a to edit a appleHda v2.1.x/v2.2?

ps:with ml_hda-889 for detect hdmi id is only possible if i delete the HDAenabler.kext
For HDMI audio, you need an HDMI audio edited dsdt and no S/L/E/HDAEnabler889.kext. Your choices are:
1. ML_AppleHDA-889-Alpha (v2.3.0), layout-id 1, no edits to AppleHDA are required for Nvidia HDMI audio.
2. Lion 10.7.4 AppleHDA (from MultiBeast/ALC889_v2.2.0), Layout id 37C, edit AppleHDA.kext for Nvidia HDMI audio.

Reply with dsdt and IOReg. [Guide] How to Make a Copy of IOReg.

Now with this Kexts on 10.8 The Sound kinda works.

Speakers on Laptop is popping on sound event so one step further on that Headphones works but are choppy.

Now like most i am now also getting Sound Assertions on line 360.

Music software that used midi also doesn't work atm but expect that from a Alpha driver.
The edits are alpha, AppleHDA.kext is released. Attach a copy of IOReg. [Guide] How to Make a Copy of IOReg

Hi Toleda,

Thanks for new sound drivers. I tried these drivers on my motherboard. I get sound from rear panel speaker output (green) but nothing happens when I connect headphones at the front panel. It looks like its not being detected because sound is still coming from rear speakers and in preferences it still shows internal speakers as output (it should change to Headphones and rear speakers should mute). Front panel audio is working fine in windows (front panel is connected to motherboard and set to HD in BIOS). Could you please suggest anything to fix this issue? I am attaching my DSDT (I am using layout-id 1) and ioreg output.

I checked the logs and I get this assertion in sound

Code:
[FONT=Lucida Grande]kernel[0]: Sound assertion in AppleHDAController at line 1294[/FONT]
[FONT=Lucida Grande]kernel[0]: Sound assertion in AppleHDACodecGeneric at line 360[/FONT]

Attachments

• dsdt.dsl.zip
    35.5 KB · Views: 83
  • IORegOutput.zip
    582.1 KB · Views: 84
2787035531_066ba1ee85.jpeg

ML: Optimized Realtek AppleHDA - Preview/Alpha

Mountain Lion/Realtek ALC8xx/Patched AppleHDA

Important Information - Major Change - Please Read

The Mountain Lion AppleHDA.kext no longer recognizes the Lion Audio IDs (i.e., 885, 887, 888, 889, etc.). All current HDEF edited dsdts and all current HDAEnablers will no longer enable on board audio in Mountain Lion with the Mountain Lion AppleHDA.kext installed. For Mountain Lion, the on board Audio ID is 1* (layout-id is 1, as well) regardless of the audio codec. At this time, there are no plans to update the tonymacx86 DSDT database with the Mountain Lion HDEF/layout-id.

For all users
1. With DSDT
a. edit your dsdt for Mountain Lion Audio/layout-id 1 before you install the Mountain Lion Patched AppleHDA.
2. Without DSDT,
a. delete current S/L/E/HDAEnabler8??.kext and install HDAEnabler1.kext with the Mountain Lion Patched AppleHDA.

Summary
1. For Mountain Lion audio to work, the dsdt or enabler must be changed to Audio ID:1 for audio to work after installation. Not making the changes results in no audio on restart.

Alternatives
1. Install Lion Optimized Realtek AppleHDA (no changes to dsdt or enablers in Mountain Lion)
a. Available in MultiBeast_4.6.1/Audio/Patched AppleHDA/ALC ...
2. Voodoo
a. Available in MultiBeast_5.0 and newer/Audio/Universal

Mountain Lion Audio IDs
1. Audio ID: 1 - supports standard 5/6 port onboard and/or AMD/Nvidia HDMI audio (Lion Audio ID:8xy)
2. Audio ID: 2 - supports custom 3 port onboard and/or AMD/Nvidia HDMI audio (Lion Audio ID:2xy)
3. Audio ID: 3 - supports custom 3/5/6 port onboard with HD3000/HD4000 HDMI audio (Lion Audio ID:3xy)

Changes in Mountain Lion AppleHDA (from Lion)
1. Can not use codec name for Audio-ID (Ex., 889 won't work). Must use an exiting Apple layout_id.
2. Nvidia HDMI audio device_ids are supported natively in ML_AppleHDA
3. The Resources/layoutxx.xml and Platforms.xml are invisible and compressed. Terminal script available to uncompress and compress .zlib files
4. Each Patched AppleHDA will only have layouts (1, 2 & 3) for the codec it supports.

New "Feature" of Mountain Lion AppleHDA
1. AMD/Nvidia and HD3000/HD4000 HDMI audio works without on board audio working (assuming dsdt edits) by setting HDEF/layout_id to an existing Apple layout_id such as 1. That means systems with unsupported audio codecs can have HDMI audio and AirPlay audio using the native AppleHDA.kext in Mountain Lion (do not Install a Patched AppleHDA for this feature).

Requirements
1. Lion 10.8 or newer -
2. Realtek ALC 8xy*, one of the following Device_IDs:
a. 10ec0885
b. 10ec0887
c. 10ec0888
d. 10ec0889
e. 10ec0892
f. 10ec0898
*See Notes below for ALC 8xy
3. dsdt w/HDEF/Layout-id is 0x01 0x00 0x00 0x00
a. For 3 port motherboard audio; dsdt w/HDEF/layout-id is 0x02 0x00 0x00 0x00
b. For HD3000 HDMI audio; dsdt w/HDEF/layout-id is 0x03 0x00 0x00 0x00
4. Chimera 1.12 or later
5. KextBeast

Configuration
ml_Audio_Configurations.png

No dsdt/HDEF?
1. ML: How to Add or Edit dsdt/HDEF
2. Install HDAEnabler1.kext (included in Download)

Audio ID/layout-id Table
Audio ID > dsdt layout-id Injection
1 > 0x01, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
2 > 0x02, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
3 > 0x03, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00

Downloads
1. ALC 885 - TBA
View attachment 28609
3. ALC 887 - Legacy - TBA
4. ALC 888 - TBA
5. ALC 888 - Legacy - TBA
View attachment 28610
View attachment 28611
View attachment 28612

Installation (Detailed)
1. See ML_AppleHDA.../-Read_Me_First_ML_Patched_AppleHDA

Installation - MultiBeast (When Available)
1. Backup S/L/E/AppleHDA.kext
2. Verify dsdt/HDEF/layout-id
3. MultiBeast - Select
a.
With DSDT/ALC 8xy
c.
Without DSDT/ALC 8xy
4. Continue
5. Install
6. Restart

Installation - Download
1. Backup S/L/E/AppleHDA.kext
2. Verify dsdt/HDEF/layout-id
3. Delete ALC8xxHDA.kext, HDAEnabler8xy.kext and any other audio enablers from S/L/E
a. Copy Downloads/ML_AppleHDA.../AppleHDA.kext to Desktop
b. Without dsdt, copy Downloads/ML_AppleHDA.../HDAEnabler1.kext to Desktop
b. Run KextBeast
4. Restart

Notes
1. ALC 8xy can one of the following Realtek audio codecs:
a. ALC 885 aka ALC 889a
b. ALC 887 aka ALC 888b, ALC 888s
c. ALC 888 aka ALC 1200
d. ALC 889
e. ALC 892
f. ALC 898
2. Mute is not available for the ALC 887_v100302 and the ALC 888_v100302

dsdt/HDEF edits
Code:
            Device (HDEF)
Code:
[FONT=Helvetica]            {[/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica]                Name (_ADR, 0x001B0000)[/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica]…[/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica]…[/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica]…[/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica]                Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)[/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica]                {[/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica]                    Store (Package (0x04)[/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica]                        {[/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica]                            "layout-id", [/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica]                            Buffer (0x04)[/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica]                            {[/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica]                                0x01, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00[/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica]                            }, [/FONT]

[FONT=Helvetica]                            "PinConfigurations", [/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica]                            Buffer (Zero) {}[/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica]                        }, Local0)[/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica]                    DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))[/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica]                    Return (Local0)[/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica]                }[/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica]            }[/FONT]
Credits:
VCH888 insanely-mac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=140941
.: ErmaC :. insanely-mac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=280468&view=findpost&p=1839042
MaLd0n/oldnapalm/cassio:
olarila.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=62

Trying to edit my DSDT for the H67N MB I get this error when compiling. I am copying the code first and pasting it into text edit, formatting to plain text, then pasting into the DSDT for this MB.

Error 4063 - Invalid characters found in file /Users/xxxxx/Library/Application Support/EvOSoftware/DSDT/DSDTFiles/dsdt.dsl

Non-ASCII character [0xC9] found in line 4839, file offset 0x26174
Non-ASCII character [0xC9] found in line 4839, file offset 0x26176
Non-ASCII character [0xC9] found in line 4839, file offset 0x26178
3 non-ASCII characters found in input source text, could be a binary file

Last edited by a moderator:
Trying to edit my DSDT for the H67N MB I get this error when compiling. I am copying the code first and pasting it into text edit, formatting to plain text, then pasting into the DSDT for this MB.
No need to copy the 1st post into your post, I know what it says.

Clearly, your technique is not working. Try downloading the edited dsdt from the DSDT Database and editing HDEF/layout-id from 0x79, 0x03, 0x00, 0x00 to 0x01, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00. No pasting required.

If you are up for an easier method, see ML: How to Add or Edit dsdt/HDEF. Run the hdef_audio_id_1.txt patch with your current dsdt in DSDT Editor and it will do all the work for you.

No need to copy the 1st post into your post, I know what it says.

Clearly, your technique is not working. Try downloading the edited dsdt from the DSDT Database and editing HDEF/layout-id from 0x79, 0x03, 0x00, 0x00 to 0x01, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00. No pasting required.

If you are up for an easier method, see ML: How to Add or Edit dsdt/HDEF. Run the hdef_audio_id_1.txt patch with your current dsdt in DSDT Editor and it will do all the work for you.

I didn't try that because the HDEF sections is quite different from what you have posted in the first post.

This from the DSDT from the database,

Device (HDEF)
{
Name (_ADR, 0x001B0000)
Method (_PRW, 0, NotSerialized)
{
Return (Package (0x02)
{
0x0D,
0x05
})
}

Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
{
Store (Package (0x04)
{
"layout-id",
/**** Is ResourceTemplate, but EndTag not at buffer end ****/ Buffer (0x04)
{
0x79, 0x03, 0x00, 0x00
},

"PinConfigurations",
Buffer (Zero) {}
}, Local0)
DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))
Return (Local0)
}
}

And this from the first page,
Device (HDEF)
{
Name (_ADR, 0x001B0000)

{
Store (Package (0x04)
{
"layout-id",
Buffer (0x04)
{
0x01, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
},

"PinConfigurations",
Buffer (Zero) {}
}, Local0)
DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))
Return (Local0)
}
}

The difference I wasn't sure of is the middle part of the code,

Method (_PRW, 0, NotSerialized)
{
Return (Package (0x02)
{
0x0D,
0x05
})
}

{

Is that all I have to do is replace the line,

0x79, 0x03, 0x00, 0x00

With this,

0x01, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00

If so, I can accomplish that. I have inserted the HDEF edits into a DSDT before but no matter what I tried I kept getting that error (Compile error, check output window for details. 255

Thank you in advance for all you hard work helping amateurs like myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back