Contribute
Register

ML: Optimized Realtek AppleHDA - Preview/Alpha

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't try that because the HDEF sections is quite different from what you have posted in the first post.

Is that all I have to do is replace the line,

0x79, 0x03, 0x00, 0x00

With this,

0x01, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00

If so, I can accomplish that. I have inserted the HDEF edits into a DSDT before but no matter what I tried I kept getting that error (Compile error, check output window for details. 255

Thank you in advance for all you hard work helping amateurs like myself.
The important part starts with Method (_DSM... That injects the layout-id which is needed to configure audio in OS X.

Yes that is all you have to do. Make sure the dsdt compiles successfully before you edit anything. If so, make the edits. If there is still a problem, attach the unedited dsdt and the edited dsdt (with errors).

The important part starts with Method (_DSM... That injects the layout-id which is needed to configure audio in OS X.

Yes that is all you have to do. Make sure the dsdt compiles successfully before you edit anything. If so, make the edits. If there is still a problem, attach the unedited dsdt and the edited dsdt (with errors).

Okay thank you very much again, the light finally came on. I should have read the first part of this post a little slower.

Thank you again, if not for people like yourself this kind of editing would really be hard if not impossible. The hack community owes a great deal of gratitude!!!

Hi Toleda,
i've seen you updated the codecs so that the ALC888 is available too.
My Problem is, that i see my Audio-Device only in the Systemprofiler, but not in the System Preferences.
In Lion my Sound worked flawlessy, with DSDT-Injection and the patched AppleHDA from 10.6.3...
I tried it with (Layout-ID: 1) and without DSDT-Mod, but i got those sound assertions in both cases:

Code:
kernel[0]: Sound assertion in AppleHDAPath at line 1331
kernel[0]: Sound assertion in AppleHDAEngine at line 519
kernel[0]: Sound assertion in AppleHDAPath at line 1331
kernel[0]: Sound assertion in AppleHDAEngine at line 519
kernel[0]: Sound assertion in AppleHDAEngine at line 6927
kernel[0]: Sound assertion in AppleHDAEngine at line 6868
kernel[0]: Sound assertion in AppleHDAEngine at line 748
kernel[0]: Sound assertion in AppleHDADriver at line 2297
kernel[0]: Sound assertion in AppleHDADriver at line 217
kernel[0]: Sound assertion in AppleHDADriver at line 1055

As I tried to fix this by myself , i found out, that my revision ID of ALC888 (see IOReg) doesnt match witch the ones from Multibeast (0x100001).

Please Help me!
TIA

langweiler94

Attachments

• Sys-Prefs.png
    Sys-Prefs.png
    61.7 KB · Views: 162
  • dsdt.aml
    21.5 KB · Views: 131
  • IOReg.7z
    280.2 KB · Views: 86
  • Sys-Profiler.png
    Sys-Profiler.png
    135 KB · Views: 205
Hi Toleda,

Thanks for new sound drivers. I tried these drivers on my motherboard. I get sound from rear panel speaker output (green) but nothing happens when I connect headphones at the front panel. It looks like its not being detected because sound is still coming from rear speakers and in preferences it still shows internal speakers as output (it should change to Headphones and rear speakers should mute). Front panel audio is working fine in windows (front panel is connected to motherboard and set to HD in BIOS). Could you please suggest anything to fix this issue? I am attaching my DSDT (I am using layout-id 1) and ioreg output.

I checked the logs and I get this assertion in sound

Code:
[FONT=Lucida Grande]kernel[0]: Sound assertion in AppleHDAController at line 1294[/FONT]
[FONT=Lucida Grande]kernel[0]: Sound assertion in AppleHDACodecGeneric at line 360[/FONT]

In my case I noticed that codec vender id and revision id is different. See the image below:

Screen Shot 2012-08-28 at 4.33.50 AM.png

Is there anything we can do to fix my issue?

Attachments

• IORegOutput.zip
    582.1 KB · Views: 71
  • dsdt.dsl.zip
    35.5 KB · Views: 87
Hi Toleda,

Last night i try to complete my goal. and start from beginning.
I have to report some stuff.
I try with your ML_appleHDA, i have sound, but i dont have hdmi option in preferences->sound (img attached), but in system report there's hdmi audio (img attached).

in Attachments i put my dsdt and IOreg copy.
A strange behavior with my dsdt some times a have to reboot 4/5times to get out of black screen.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-08-27 at 11.55.19 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-08-27 at 11.55.19 PM.png
    140.6 KB · Views: 190
  • Screen Shot 2012-08-27 at 11.55.25 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-08-27 at 11.55.25 PM.png
    86.2 KB · Views: 200
  • Screen Shot 2012-08-28 at 12.08.29 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-08-28 at 12.08.29 AM.png
    137.8 KB · Views: 177
  • IOReg.zip
    402.7 KB · Views: 81
  • dsdt.aml
    18.1 KB · Views: 133
Hi Toleda,
i've seen you updated the codecs so that the ALC888 is available too.
My Problem is, that i see my Audio-Device only in the Systemprofiler, but not in the System Preferences.
In Lion my Sound worked flawlessy, with DSDT-Injection and the patched AppleHDA from 10.6.3...
I can't open a 7z file. Try Finder/File/Compress...

In my case I noticed that codec vender id and revision id is different. See the image below:
I missed your previous poet. Regarding 898 everything is correct including device_id and rev. Windows and OS X do audio differently. Since the headphone is not sensed when plugged in, it is simple, the OS X doesn't see it. If you say you checked everything, I assume you know the list. Last suggestion, separate the headphones and the speakers. See Customizing the Optimized Lion AppleHDA.kext. Understand you are much better using the MultiBeast/ALC898 solution to test if this solves your problem. In Mountain Lion, the XML file you need access to is hidden and compressed.

Last night i try to complete my goal. and start from beginning.
I have to report some stuff.
I try with your ML_appleHDA, i have sound, but i dont have hdmi option in preferences->sound (img attached), but in system report there's hdmi audio (img attached).
The dsdt looks okay. Did you do any edits to AppleHDA.kext? One of the displays you have connected (an adapter?) is is not a HDMI device, disconnect it for now. The 4 Nvidia HDMI audio codecs are not showing up. As an experiment, install the native 10.8 AppleHDA.kext and see if HDMI audio works. Reply with an IOReg with the native AppleHDA.kext.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back