Contribute
Register

ML: Optimized Realtek AppleHDA - Preview/Alpha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Following steps in first post of this thread, created a dsdt.aml using layout-id 3. Installed with Multibeast, using only the UserDSDT setting. Have not installed any audio drivers from Multibeast.

I did not install a patched AppleHDA because of this section from the first post:
New "Feature" of Mountain Lion AppleHDA
1. AMD/Nvidia and HD3000/HD4000 HDMI audio works without on board audio working (assuming dsdt edits) by setting HDEF/layout_id to an existing Apple layout_id such as 1. That means systems with mea can have HDMI audio and AirPlay audio using the native AppleHDA.kext in Mountain Lion (do not Install a Patched AppleHDA for this feature).
The words unsupported audio codecs means VIA, Conexant, etc. Your Realtek ALC 892 is supported; that is the purpose of this thread. Alpha is not available in MultiBeast. Install the 892 Alpha from the first post of this thread with KextBeast.

...whenever I tried playing a track in Itunes using the preview kext it would list the track as playing but the timer would never count
past 0 seconds...

That is what I get changing the output sampling rate from 48Khz.

Attached my IOReg.

l0v3r

Attachments

• IOReg.ioreg.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 95
Don't know if these help but I figured I might as well post my codec dump, pinconfigs, codecverbs, .svg for pathmap, etc, maybe something is diff on my mobo with the alc898 codec?

Don't know if these help but I figured I might as well post my codec dump, pinconfigs, codecverbs, .svg for pathmap, etc, maybe something is diff on my mobo with the alc898 codec?
I have that. The 898 audio in my P8Z77-I Deluxe is working perfectly. What I see in your Preview IOReg is IOAudioEngineNumActiveUserClients is 0x0 with iTunes and the green port. In Interim ( and all sound working systems), the value is 0x1. I don't know what sets the value or what can interfere. Further, the interim AppleHDA.kext is from 10.6.2, before codec validation checks were added. The 898 did not work with the 10.7.3 AppleHDA.kext and simply started working with 10.7.4 on my system, no changes. At this point, I don't know of a solution for your system.

I have this. The 898 audio in my P8Z77-I Deluxe is working perfectly. What I see in your Preview IOReg is IOAudioEngineNumActiveUserClients is 0x0 with iTunes and the green port. In Interim ( and all sound working systems), the value is 0x1. I don't know what sets the value or what can interfere. Further, the interim AppleHDA.kext is from 10.6.2, before codec validation checks were added. The 898 did not work with the 10.7.3 AppleHDA.kext and simply started working with 10.7.4 on my system, no changes. At this point, I don't know of a solution for your system.

Ok, well nevertheless thankyou for all your hard work and for trying with this :) I'm thinking I'll likely go with the interim+voodoo for hdmi audio or just voodoo alltogether... bummer about those codec validation checks

You did not answer my question; What 96KHz source are you using?

I told that I use iTunes, VLC, and ather apps... in details: in iTunes i play internet radios, in VLC I play movies in AC3 downsampled to stereo, in Premiere I user AVCHD source files with AC3 stereo audio.

l0v3r

I told that I use iTunes, VLC, and ather apps... in details: in iTunes i play internet radios, in VLC I play movies in AC3 downsampled to stereo, in Premiere I user AVCHD source files with AC3 stereo audio.
The answer is nothing you have is 96KHz. If you leave the setting alone, it automatically elects the correct format from the source.

If I use Mac Pro 3,1 sys.def, it's perfect. (But after I wake up the computer from sleep, it's not workig...)
With iMac 12,1 it pops a little bit, and sometimes it lates... (With iMac, I have working sleep.)

Thanks Toleda. Works for me on Zotac Z77 ITX with ALC892. Using layout ID 3 (and hda-gfx, onboard-2) for audio out via HDMI on HD 3000.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back