Contribute
Register

ML: Native Ivy Bridge CPU and GPU Power Management

Status
Not open for further replies.
running as iMac13,2, no OC, no DSDT, with SSDT from post#1. msrdump reports 12 16 37 38 39, as explained at post#1. I'm glad it getting down to 12, which saves some energy at idle (5 Watt). X86PlatformPlugin and X86PlatformShim is loaded. Geekbench-Score now 12949 (with DDR3-1333)
You have confirmed my test results. Is there a question?

on this thread, one user has 3570K IB PM working and another has 3770K working. Two 3570K users (both AMI BIOS) on supplemental 10.8.2 have problems. I don't have any other suggestions at this time.

At last I have IB CPU & GPU Power Management working on my P8Z77-M Pro. X86Platform is enabled by ssdt as follows:

Downloaded the latest version 2.5 of ssdtPRGen.sh from https://github.com/Piker-Alpha/RevoB...s/ssdtPRGen.sh, and edited in Textedit as set out in SSDT Generation Script (IB PM) post #71 by Intamara. Then opened Terminal and generated the SSDT (now saved to the Desktop). Opened in DSDT Editor and made the IB Power Management ssdt edits (in Scope(\_PR.CPU0) by toleda in post #1 of this thread, then deleted the duplicate Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized) section. I didn't need to duplicate the bottom p-state as some have suggested.

P-states so far using MSRDumper are: 16 22 29 35 40 43 which I am more than happy with.

I am using the latest patched bios update 1805 and 10.8.2 supplemental update 3104. Macmini6,2 symbios.

My ssdt.aml is attached below.

Now I hope I can make this work when using Clover bootloader. - it is working, no problem. Great.

Attachments

• SSDT.aml
    1.5 KB · Views: 175
Max freq is wrong. Read_me_first/II A. Generate SSDT - MaciASL/5. Set Maximum Turbo Frequency (MHz) + 100. Use 3800.

No luck.
I had to install AppleACPIPlatform.kext rollback from 10.8.1 (MultiBeast option) during installation process: can this affect Ivy Bridge Power Management?
Meanwhile I tried with 10.8.2 update (not the supplemental 10.8.2, but this one)
No success either.
I will try with various combination of custom ssdt parameters and options.
Any other idea?
New files attached
sysdef.png

Attachments

• giacomoleopardo.zip
    428.1 KB · Views: 88
At last I have IB CPU & GPU Power Management working on my P8Z77-M Pro. X86Platform is enabled by ssdt as follows:

Downloaded the latest version 2.5 of ssdtPRGen.sh from https://github.com/Piker-Alpha/RevoB...s/ssdtPRGen.sh, and edited in Textedit as set out in SSDT Generation Script (IB PM) post #71 by Intamara. Then opened Terminal and generated the SSDT (now saved to the Desktop). Opened in DSDT Editor and made the IB Power Management ssdt edits (in Scope(\_PR.CPU0) by toleda in post #1 of this thread, then deleted the duplicate Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized) section. I didn't need to duplicate the bottom p-state as some have suggested.

P-states so far using MSRDumper are: 16 22 29 35 40 43 which I am more than happy with.

I am using the latest patched bios update 1805 and 10.8.2 supplemental update 3104. Macmini6,2 symbios.

My ssdt.aml is attached below.

Now I hope I can make this work when using Clover bootloader. - it is working, no problem. Great.

Wow, thanks! :) Your SSDT made my rig: 3570K @ 4.2 OC on P67 work like a charm :D
Macmini 6,2 SMBios
MSRDumper PStatesReached: 16 21 28 35 40 42

Hi all,

My numbers:

MSRDumper PStatesReached: 8 17 18 19 20 21 22 24 26
Processor: i5-3317U
SMBios: MacBook Air 5,1

Many thanks, before my geekbench was 4110, now i get 5800 :) Am very happy

Problem: my log

localhost kernel[0]: X86PlatformPlugin::getCPUPStates - CPU0 APSS and _PSS evaluations failed!
localhost kernel[0]: X86PlatformPlugin::getCPUPStates - acpiPSArrayObj is not an valid OSArray
localhost kernel[0]: X86PlatformPlugin::publishACPIStates - Failed to get CPU P States!
localhost kernel[0]: X86PlatformPlugin::publishACPIStates - Failed to get max non-turbo PState. Set max non-turbo PState to default value 1
localhost kernel[0]: X86PlatformPlugin::getCPUCStates - CPU1 ACST and _CST evaluations failed!
localhost kernel[0]: X86PlatformPlugin::getCPUCStates - _CST did not return a package
localhost kernel[0]: X86PlatformPlugin::getCPUPStates - CPU1 APSS and _PSS evaluations failed!
localhost kernel[0]: X86PlatformPlugin::getCPUPStates - acpiPSArrayObj is not an valid OSArray
localhost kernel[0]: X86PlatformPlugin::publishACPIStates - Failed to get CPU P States!
localhost kernel[0]: X86PlatformPlugin::getCPUCStates - CPU2 ACST and _CST evaluations failed!
localhost kernel[0]: X86PlatformPlugin::getCPUCStates - _CST did not return a package
localhost kernel[0]: X86PlatformPlugin::getCPUPStates - CPU2 APSS and _PSS evaluations failed!
localhost kernel[0]: X86PlatformPlugin::getCPUCStates - CPU3 ACST and _CST evaluations failed!
localhost kernel[0]: X86PlatformPlugin::getCPUPStates - CPU3 APSS and _PSS evaluations failed!
localhost kernel[0]: X86PlatformPlugin::setRingTable - AICPM failed to load ring table with status 0x0: Get=0, Load=0, Install=0
localhost kernel[0]: X86PlatformPlugin::configResourceHandler - Failed to set ring table!
localhost kernel[0]: X86PlatformPlugin::setPLimitRange - Failed to get the first package of pstates!

Question: Can someone please tell me how to fix this?

@ toledo
i have a 3770 i7,

The attached SSDT.aml is not from this thread. Still interested in an IOReg with the ssdt suggested in Post #90. 10.8.2/12C60 is the only version used for all testing.

im a little confused. i got p8z77-v lk and followed this thread http://www.tonymacx86.com/dsdt/84495-asus-p8z77-vlk-motherboard-dsdt-help-2.html, but the OS stops loading just before the GUI is supposed to load. i'm using imac 13,1 as the smbios.plist definition. the bios is 0908 and has been patched to support native power management. i actually got it working before to boot in non-safe mode but now it doesn't work.
i also put the gpu id thingie to 9 as someone else did on the forums, but no dice. the bootloader is the stock one that comes with the latest multibeast.
Off topic. Post in Installation forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back