Contribute
Register

ML: Native Ivy Bridge CPU and GPU Power Management

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is not a 10.8.5 issue. I was facing the exact same thing where the GPU would not throttle down when an app or game or even the browser or a benchmark triggered it to the max. After a lot of testing and even installing 10.9 GM to try and isolate the problem, the issue remained. I found out that the solution is rather simple. When you do the graphics card edits and if using plist editor pro, you can do the edits without reinstalling the kext. I have tested it for quite a while now and it hasn't happened since. This is what I did.

I applied the edits to the AGPM and copied the edited kext to the desktop (you can copy it first to the desktop and then do the edits also). I installed the kext after edited and restarted the computer with the -f -v flags. After it booted I restarted it again without the flags and bingo. The card throttles up and down without any issue.

This works for me, I hope it works also for you guys. I have a GTX650 and I replaced the GTX650M on the iMac 13,1 smbios

Update: After much testing, the only app that does not let the GPU idle once used is Quick Look. There is a know bug about this app.

Hi, how do i have a chance to enter my settings if this happens?

Btw i'm on Mavericks now and i don't know if you need to update it first.

I'm doing this to apply a 4.4ghz that i have on windows...

How do i do it??

sdtPRGen.sh v6.6 Copyright (c) 2013 by Pike R. Alpha
----------------------------------------------------------------
Processor Declaration(s) Found in DSDT (ACPI 1.0 compliant)
Generating ssdt_pr.dsl for a iMac13,2 [Mac-FC02E91DDD3FA6A4]
Ivy Bridge Core i7-3770K processor [0x306A9] setup [0x0701]
With a maximum TDP of 77 Watt, as specified by Intel
Number logical CPU's: 8 (Core Frequency: 3500 MHz)
Number of Turbo States: 4 (3600-3900 MHz)
Number of P-States: 24 (1600-3900 MHz)
Injected C-States for CPU0 (C1,C3,C6)
Injected C-States for CPU1 (C1,C2,C3)

Intel ACPI Component Architecture
ASL Optimizing Compiler version 20130117-64 [Jan 19 2013]
Copyright (c) 2000 - 2013 Intel Corporation

ASL Input: /Users/carloshferrari/Desktop/ssdt_pr.dsl - 261 lines, 8393 bytes, 57 keywords
AML Output: /Users/carloshferrari/Desktop/ssdt_pr.aml - 1627 bytes, 27 named objects, 30 executable opcodes

Compilation complete. 0 Errors, 0 Warnings, 0 Remarks, 0 Optimizations

Do you want to copy /Users/carloshferrari/Desktop/ssdt_pr.aml to /Extra/ssdt_pr.aml? (y/n)?

Also upgraded to 10.9 with Giacomoleopardo's build
CPU states no problems but got stuck with the GPU (HD4000) as AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext does not contain an info.plist file :think:

Does anyone know/suspect how this could be resolved?

Info.plist is a hidden file. Search unhide files.
Thank you!

For those interested: Houdini doesn't work with Mavericks.

Only way it would show hidden files was with this terminal command:

> say Hidden items disabled
> defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles FALSE
> else
> say Hidden items enabled
> defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles TRUE
> fi

Thank you!

For those interested: Houdini doesn't work with Mavericks.

Only way it would show hidden files was with this terminal command:

> say Hidden items disabled
> defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles FALSE
> else
> say Hidden items enabled
> defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles TRUE
> fi

I was using something else called like funer or something, it worked fine on unhiding files (loaded up in taskbar with a circle if not being used, circle with bullseye if being used..) it worked perfect.. I then re imaged my drive and forgot to back that app up and for the life of me can't find it. Does anyone else know a hiding/showing file app called something that starts with an f ? It wasn't Houdini and worked fine with Mavericks.

I was using something else called like funer or something, it worked fine on unhiding files (loaded up in taskbar with a circle if not being used, circle with bullseye if being used..) it worked perfect.. I then re imaged my drive and forgot to back that app up and for the life of me can't find it. Does anyone else know a hiding/showing file app called something that starts with an f ? It wasn't Houdini and worked fine with Mavericks.

Have you tried ShowAllFiles? http://www.tonymacx86.com/downloads.php?do=cat&id=10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back