Contribute
Register

ML: Native Ivy Bridge CPU and GPU Power Management

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does that make sense? I hope that helps explain how the SMbios works a little bit.

mrengles

Yep, makes perfect sense. Just can't believe i never noticed that before, i have set up dozens of machines over the years and it seemed like the ATM info was always correct and tied to the model identifier. In some cases i had completely fabricated a serial number. Anyway i don't want to hijack this thread, but thats been very interesting and hopefully we are all a bit wiser.
Thanks!
g\

@toleda:

Did a test with a cloned & upgraded system 10.8.3 & iMac13,2 system definition / board-nr / serial number. Seems to be still the same, without any intervention only p-States 16 and 35, with generated SSDT 12 16 37 38 39 (stock 3.5 GHz)

Board-nr for iMac13,2 is now embedded with 10.8.3, but no name like iMac13,2 (or 13,1).

Bye, steve

I also have a question about it I used a MacMini 6.2 to 10.8.2 I had 4 pstat is 16, 24, 28, 39 with an Nvidia GT640 everything worked
(Imac 13.2 2 pstat 16, 39)

I put the update 10.8.3 and if I use MacMini 6.2 I still have 4 pstat, but it is impossible to see a video on YouTube with Safari or Firefox, it is with a green background lines is planted and the machine
(if I put Imac 13.2 everything works but I only have 2 pstat 16, 32)

I would like to use Macmini6, 2 as before with 4 pstat is that it works with the GT640

is what someone else has it? a solution?

nb: If I remove the GT640 and I use the HD4000 no problem

I also have a question about it I used a MacMini 6.2 to 10.8.2 I had 4 pstat is 16, 24, 28, 39 with an Nvidia GT640 everything worked
(Imac 13.2 2 pstat 16, 39)

I put the update 10.8.3 and if I use MacMini 6.2 I still have 4 pstat, but it is impossible to see a video on YouTube with Safari or Firefox, it is with a green background lines is planted and the machine
(if I put Imac 13.2 everything works but I only have 2 pstat 16, 32)

I would like to use Macmini6, 2 as before with 4 pstat is that it works with the GT640

is what someone else has it? a solution?

nb: If I remove the GT640 and I use the HD4000 no problem

Same results with the same hardware here. Youtube problems with Macmini6,2. If I run both the GT640 and HD4000 with device injection everything seems to work with youtube.

Did a test with a cloned & upgraded system 10.8.3 & iMac13,2 system definition / board-nr / serial number. Seems to be still the same, without any intervention only p-States 16 and 35, with generated SSDT 12 16 37 38 39 (stock 3.5 GHz)

Board-nr for iMac13,2 is now embedded with 10.8.3, but no name like iMac13,2 (or 13,1).
With respect to IB CPU and GPU PM , the only change in 10.8.3 is PlatformSupport.plist with 5 additional Supported/Boardids It appears Supported/Model/Properties are no longer used (no imac13, etc.) while Board-IDs are added for new product CPU and GPU PM. SMboardproduct and SMproductname must be equivalent in smbios.plist.

Same results with the same hardware here. Youtube problems with Macmini6,2. If I run both the GT640 and HD4000 with device injection everything seems to work with youtube.

I know this is off topic, but I think I might know why this is. It appears that when using Macmini6,2 OS X will call upon the IGPU to render the image/video. This is probably because, well, a real Mac Mini only has the IGPU to work with. As we all have found out, simply enabling the IGPU in the BIOS fixes this problem when outputting through the GeForce 6XX. The kicker is that regardless if the IGPU is enabled or not, GPU benchmarks and games are not effected, just YouTube (and I can almost guarantee, Finder QuickLook on mp4 videos). The more frustrating fact is that if I were to use iMac13,2 with no IGPU enabled, YouTube and Quicklook work as they should; OS X does not try and use the IGPU to render, probably this is due to the fact that the iMac does use discrete graphics. Sounds logical yet makes no sense.

I am currently using iMac13,2. I lose all PStates besides Min/Max (why?!....Mac-FC02E91DDD3FA6A4 is there in PlatformSupport.plist!!!) but my GTX 660 Ti works flawlessly with proper AGPM. If I use MacMini6,2 with IGPU enabled yes I get all the PStates and no gfx problems, but I lose sleep/auto-sleep!

I am surprised that asser not much nobody talks about this problem I thought I was the only

the i7 3770 can no longer put the HD4000 video card and enabled at the same time regardless of the definition of system

I know if it is possible to change the definition of imac 13.2 for all of pstat macmini 6.2
or
if it is possible to change the definition of macmini 6.2 added to it a graphics card in addition to the HD4000
for the moment to have everything as with 10,8,2 I withdrew my GT640 and I turn that with HD4000

Toleda you think that??

hello,

I have got :

GA-Z77X-uD5H
Intel 3770K
NVIDIA GeForce 660 TI 2GB GA
16 GB G. SKILL Ripjaws
Crucial 128GB SSD M4
Disk 500 GB SATA
Definition: Mac 3.1

I think OC in a future...

which definition suggest for me? The best?

if it is possible to change the definition of macmini 6.2 added to it a graphics card in addition to the HD4000
for the moment to have everything as with 10,8,2 I withdrew my GT640 and I turn that with HD4000
No. Use macmini6,2. Add GT 640 to AGPM/Resources for macmini6,2. See Post#1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back