Contribute
Register

ML: Native Ivy Bridge CPU and GPU Power Management

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have i5-3570k on stock speed [GA-H77N mobo] only reach 3,6ghz -- it's should be 3.8ghz TurboBoost

using macMini 5.1, macmini 6.2, iMac smbios.

How to fix this?

I am currently using the SSDT generated by ssDTPRGen. I am also using a MBP 9,2 SMBios, however, I am still getting this error "WARNING: IOPlatformPluginUtil : getCPUIDInfo: this is an unknown CPU model 0x3a ...". I also get only 2 states when I use MSRDumper. I am currently using Clover with this config:
http://pastebin.com/zC6gRsTR
I see that you let Clover generate P/C states and thus using the generated SSDT is pointless. You either use A or B. Not both.

i have i5-3570k on stock speed [GA-H77N mobo] only reach 3,6ghz -- it's should be 3.8ghz TurboBoost

using macMini 5.1, macmini 6.2, iMac smbios.

How to fix this?
Have you checked your BIOS settings?

Went to 10.8.3 today and everything still seems to be working fine as far as PM goes. A bit off topic but i was expecting my "about this mac" to show mac mini late 2012 after the update but it still shows mid 2011. // confused....

i have what should be proper smbios entries that include (of course) board id, system id and smbios version. could be a the serial number? that would be weird...
g\
Off-topic indeed, but this is due to the used ProductBuildVersion in /System/Library/CoreServices/SystemVersion.plist You need a Mac mini specific one to get the other update.

Off-topic indeed, but this is due to the used ProductBuildVersion in /System/Library/CoreServices/SystemVersion.plist You need a Mac mini specific one to get the other update.

Thanks, normally i don't like continuing an off-topic conversation but looks like your PM is disabled. :)

I guess my point of confusion is that after applying the combo update to 10.8.3 i would expect all files to be brought up to date across all platforms. Are you saying there is still a different build number for mm 6,2? even after the release of 10.8.3? or that even the combo update has left some files not updated that were released in the mm 6,2 specific 10.8.2?

When i originally moved my system ID to mm 6,2 i was prompted to do a supplemental update but i held off because i figured all changes and a more complete OS release was coming with the full 10.8.3.

Thanks for all your input. I am sure this is a minor and cosmetic issue but its baffling and makes me wonder what else might be missing!
g\

Thanks, normally i don't like continuing an off-topic conversation but looks like your PM is disabled. :)
Correct. I want everyone to address issues in public, so that other people looking for help/clues can learn from it.

I guess my point of confusion is that after applying the combo update to 10.8.3 i would expect all files to be brought up to date across all platforms. Are you saying there is still a different build number for mm 6,2? even after the release of 10.8.3? or that even the combo update has left some files not updated that were released in the mm 6,2 specific 10.8.2?

When i originally moved my system ID to mm 6,2 i was prompted to do a supplemental update but i held off because i figured all changes and a more complete OS release was coming with the full 10.8.3.
My Mac mini 2012 (server) is still running the Mac mini specific version of OS X, because I am working remote from Spain, but it looks like that we all get 12D78 now.

And all files should be up-to-date after the 10.8.3 (combo) update, but that doesn't change your serial number, which is used to determine what hardware you have. In my case it shows Mac mini (server) and when I use the serial number from my Mac mini, it also shows the server part. Otherwise I get "Mac mini / Mid 2011".

In short. No worries ;)

Toleda

Do we need these edits any more after updating to OS X 10.8.3? At a quick glance my system appears to have native IB & GPU power management without updating the info.plist in AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext

I am however using an SSDT generated with Pikes script.

Have you done any testing yet? Can you confirm this too?

Thanks for all the hard work!

Mrengles

Correct. I want everyone to address issues in public, so that other people looking for help/clues can learn from it.

My Mac mini 2012 (server) is still running the Mac mini specific version of OS X, because I am working remote from Spain, but it looks like that we all get 12D78 now.

And all files should be up-to-date after the 10.8.3 (combo) update, but that doesn't change your serial number, which is used to determine what hardware you have. In my case it shows Mac mini (server) and when I use the serial number from my Mac mini, it also shows the server part. Otherwise I get "Mac mini / Mid 2011".

In short. No worries ;)

Ah thats very interesting and seems to be a change in how OS X displays this info. In the past it was based on the model identifier and you could put pretty much anything in the serial fields. It would be kind of a hassle to change the serial as certain software is licensed to it, itunes would need to be re-authorized, etc. Thanks so much for the info!
g\

Ah thats very interesting and seems to be a change in how OS X displays this info. In the past it was based on the model identifier and you could put pretty much anything in the serial fields. It would be kind of a hassle to change the serial as certain software is licensed to it, itunes would need to be re-authorized, etc. Thanks so much for the info!
g\

Nothing is new with pikes statement. That has always been the case with OSX. The serial number changes the type of Mac mini not the model. the serial will never change the model name for example Mac mini to iMac.

Im using the MacPro5,1 model but but with the right serial number it says Mid 2012 otherwise it would say 2010.

Does that make sense? I hope that helps explain how the SMbios works a little bit.

mrengles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back