Graphics
Nvidia GTX 670 FTW
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I have an Asus P8-Z77-v MOBO and 2 different SSDs, one for Windows 8 and one for Mountain Lion. I previously had OSX working fine on the one SSD but later reformatted due to a kernal panic I got after trying different settings in multibeast. After that I had already installed windows on the other drive and that is working almost perfectly, no problems I really care about.

The problem is now when I create a bootable flashdrive with ML using uniboot, I select it to boot and it takes me to the normal uniboot screen where I select to boot from the flashdrive, then it goes to the grey apple screen and after about 3 minutes it gives me the circle with a line through it symbol. I flashed the bios to the recommended version, disconnected the windows drive, tried booting with a bunch of bootflags, and ultimately cannot get passed this step.

I know it works because it used to before I reformatted the drive, multiple times.

I know there is probably information I left out so if you need to know anything else just ask but anything at this point would be helpful and greatly appreciated.

I have an Asus P8-Z77-v MOBO and 2 different SSDs, one for Windows 8 and one for Mountain Lion. I previously had OSX working fine on the one SSD but later reformatted due to a kernal panic I got after trying different settings in multibeast. After that I had already installed windows on the other drive and that is working almost perfectly, no problems I really care about.

The problem is now when I create a bootable flashdrive with ML using uniboot, I select it to boot and it takes me to the normal uniboot screen where I select to boot from the flashdrive, then it goes to the grey apple screen and after about 3 minutes it gives me the circle with a line through it symbol. I flashed the bios to the recommended version, disconnected the windows drive, tried booting with a bunch of bootflags, and ultimately cannot get passed this step.

I know it works because it used to before I reformatted the drive, multiple times.

I know there is probably information I left out so if you need to know anything else just ask but anything at this point would be helpful and greatly appreciated.

Boot with "-v" to see where it is hanging up... Might be something as simple as using a different USB port (USB2).

My computer case has like 16 ports..

I swear I already tried all of them.....

I can't believe that just worked..

Thank you.

Now to get the audio to work with the HDMI cord. Any help with that? I thought flashing the bios would have done that..

My computer case has like 16 ports..

I swear I already tried all of them.....

I can't believe that just worked..

Thank you.

Now to get the audio to work with the HDMI cord. Any help with that? I thought flashing the bios would have done that..

Do a search for HDMI audio (and probably 'toleda').

Update: Everything is working on my hack now, audio through the HDMI and all powermanagement. This is great couldn't have done it without you tonymac!

One thing I did notice was a relatively slow shutdown time. Attempted editing the com.apple.coreservices.appleevents.plist within S/L/LaunchDaemons with a timeout code but then I was unable to view the finder from the dock and wasn't even able to edit the plist or enter the trash. What's worse was I couldn't even restart, shutdown, or logoff. I eventually restored the plist everything is back to normal after a sudo shutdown command in terminal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back