Contribute
Register

Minihack’s Build: Haswell i5-4250U NUC BOXD54250WYKH1 - 8GB RAM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Turns out my audio was what was casing an issue. This is not a problem for me, I simply disabled the onboard Audio in the NUC BIOS. I utilize a USB audio device anyway. I am up and running with El Capitan. Thanks everyone for reports and help!
Don't give up so quickly. :)

Go to "Haswell NUC essentials" you've downloaded in post #262, open folder "PatchingAppleHDA" and read "Readme.txt". Do everything exactly according to the instructions in "Readme.txt". Don't forget to to install these two kexts into System/Library/Extensions using kext wizard and reboot.

And if you want ALC283 IN and OUT, you can give a look to this previous post.
(it is not an injector but a script to modify AppleHDA.kext)
Thanks! That's good - now, everything works except the CIR, but I don't need it. Somewhere I've seen a hardware solution for that.

Somewhere I've seen a hardware solution for that.

I've been looking for a looong time to get CIR to work (I tried LIRC, Ired2, rybsu ... nothing worked). if you've found something else, let me know !

Best solution for me is genuine Apple IR Receiver on internal USB (link)

I've been looking for a looong time to get CIR to work (I tried LIRC, Ired2, rybsu ... nothing worked). if you've found something else, let me know !

Best solution for me is genuine Apple IR Receiver on internal USB (link)
Thanks again Sebinouse.
Your comments here were very helpful to me, including that the last one. That's exactly what I've seen before but forgot where that was. Anyway, I watch videos on WDTV and sometimes on Sony BR player. I wouldn't bother using D54250 box just for watching videos.

Otherwise, I have different older versions of OS X on Z77X-UD5H, EP45-DS3 and GM32-DS2L (all Gigabyte boards).
Now, I will use D54250 as my main OSX box because it is so silent and takes so little place. I have already installed Windows on Z77X-UD5H box for occasional use whilst the remaining 2 boxes I will keep just for testing legacy OS X versions.

MacOSX 10.11 El Capitan : my files and researches are available here.

Everything is working :
Audio ALC283 in and out
Audio HDM
BT
Wifi
USB3.0

Thanks for this post, my machine is pretty solid now. I've run into a speed bump though if anybody could help! After getting my system set up with your configurations I installed netgear readyshare software to print wirelessly across my network. After installation it rebooted and now I'm unable to load into the desktop or recovery. The Clover boot screen still works but I'm unable to boot normally or in either verbose or safe modes. When I select to boot the system it brings me to the Apple boot screen, then goes black without attempting to load. After one or two seconds it reboots back to Clover. Any help would be appreciated!

Do you see a progress bar ?

No progress bar : Clover loading (kext patches ...)
1st half of the bar : boot.efi loading
2nd half of the bar : kernel loading

If no progress bar :
- update clover (some issues with AptioFix has been reported)
- if no improvement try Aptiofixv2
- if no improvement revert to a previous config.plist

Do you see a progress bar ?

No progress bar : Clover loading (kext patches ...)
1st half of the bar : boot.efi loading
2nd half of the bar : kernel loading

If no progress bar :
- update clover (some issues with AptioFix has been reported)
- if no improvement try Aptiofixv2
- if no improvement revert to a previous config.plist

Thank you for the help! No progress bar, I am in the newest Clover revision and I've been using AptiofixV2. I'll check the config.plist though I inserted the one posted above from your wiki!

#262 works for upgrading from Yosemite to El Capitan

I just needed to
1) use Clover r3280
2) use USB installer
3) move kexts into 10.11

Thanks!

Thank you for the help! No progress bar, I am in the newest Clover revision and I've been using AptiofixV2. I'll check the config.plist though I inserted the one posted above from your wiki!

this plist has to be edited (Serial number at least ...)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back