Contribute
Register

Minihack’s Build: Haswell i5-4250U NUC BOXD54250WYKH1 - 8GB RAM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for trying anyway ;)

My pleasure!

I am sure you'll have endless hours of fun tuning your install! And, of course, please post if you come up with better working solutions.

I have followed your guide and it works great!

After installing Clover to the HDD I made some changes using Clover Configurator setting the SMBIOS to a Mac Mini. But when I go to about mac it reads as Mac Mini but the picture is a MBA.

Any ideas how to fix it? Also is it possible to have it report properly about the memory slots? The NUC only has 2 slots, the Amount This Mac reads that there are 4 slots.

After installing Clover to the HDD I made some changes using Clover Configurator setting the SMBIOS to a Mac Mini. But when I go to about mac it reads as Mac Mini but the picture is a MBA.

Any ideas how to fix it? Also is it possible to have it report properly about the memory slots? The NUC only has 2 slots, the Amount This Mac reads that there are 4 slots.

You should stick with MacbookAir6,2 for the SMBIOS. This matches the NUC hardware perfectly, including the CPU and graphics.

Hmm, no idea why with a Mac Mini SMBIOS it would not show a Mac Mini!

If you decide to keep the Mac Mini SMBIOS and if the picture remains then you can always change the picture. Just google "customise about this Mac" and you'll find lots of info. WonkeyDonkey also covers customising the picture etc in his install guide.

If you really don't want the MacBook Air smbios you could also use an iMac one as there are Haswell based iMacs - and unfortunately Apple still have not bothered to upgrade the Mac Mini to Haswell.

Or of course, you could I am sure just go with the MacBook Air SMBIOS and then customise everything within "about this mac" to look like a Mac Mini - which is something I may get around to one day as my NUC is actually in the Mac Mini case you see in my avatar.

If you really don't want the MacBook Air smbios you could also use an iMac one as there are Haswell based iMacs - and unfortunately Apple still have not bothered to upgrade the Mac Mini to Haswell.

^^^ This is the reason why Mac Mini is not a good idea.

^^^ This is the reason why Mac Mini is not a good idea.

It is surprising though what SMBIOS' will work and because we have power management by SSDT and we have graphics frame buffer chosen by SSDT it really often does not make much difference which SMBIOS is selected.

If it boots from the Mac Mini SMBIOS in Clover then I would be interested to hear how many p-states etc are achieved. It might be surprisingly fine.

(and any experiments that don't end in tears can be worthwhile!!)

It is surprising though what SMBIOS' will work and because we have power management by SSDT and we have graphics frame buffer chosen by SSDT it really often does not make much difference which SMBIOS is selected.

If it boots from the Mac Mini SMBIOS in Clover then I would be interested to hear how many p-states etc are achieved. It might be surprisingly fine.

(and any experiments that don't end in tears can be worthwhile!!)

How many p-states do you get with Clover then ?

I got quite a good range when I tested on my method.

How many p-states do you get with Clover then ?

I got quite a good range when I tested on my method.

Dunno - never counted! It goes up and it goes down…..

Dunno - never counted! It goes up and it goes down…..

lol

Well I got a good range going up to 2.6Ghz which is exactly where it should be. Im sure had I left it longer I would have gotten the majority of possible values.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back