Contribute
Register

Mini PC AMD Ryzen 7 5700U - Need Installation Help

Yes, you're right, that was somewhat true. That was the test EFI attached here. Seen this way, it's also great, but:

This is a colorful mix of all sorts of things.

Wifi e.g. only works with the foreign DSDT-S3.aml file in the ACPI folder.

I can no longer start Windows with the EFI (blue screen error message).

Probably way too many SSDT (which I didn't create)

the same with the Kexts (mixed together and definitely too many)

Display brightness cannot be adjusted.

System start Extremely quickly the computer is there in 14 seconds.

But since I'm trying to listen to your advice and everyone says that it's not good to throw something together. I tried to take the attack myself.
Things get interesting with WiFi because no one has a solution there.

Despite a lot of reading and also YouTube, I need some help.

Greetings Funny
I've attached my EFI from my working 5700U GenMachine, I have disabled Airportitlwm.kext and removed SMBIOS info. Try this while I look over yours, I'm currently in Ventura but the EFI will work with Sonoma too!.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    29.4 MB · Views: 5
Where do I start, first thing I did was put all this in the trash!, not necessary. Another thing I did was remove the boot-arg '-wegnoegpu'... I also deleted your SMBIOS info, but I like that you're using iMac20,2, that's the SMBIOS I use for my 4700G build. Try your vastly slimmed down EFI, don't forget to fill in SMBIOS!.
Screenshot 2024-04-14 at 9.36.23 AM.png

Attachments

• Test-EFI-craighazan.zip
    34.9 MB · Views: 1
Where do I start, first thing I did was put all this in the trash!, not necessary. Another thing I did was remove the boot-arg '-wegnoegpu'... I also deleted your SMBIOS info, but I like that you're using iMac20,2, that's the SMBIOS I use for my 4700G build. Try your vastly slimmed down EFI, don't forget to fill in SMBIOS!.View attachment 581401
ha! yes! ECEnabler is great for getting laptop battery to function :)

I've attached my EFI from my working 5700U GenMachine, I have disabled Airportitlwm.kext and removed SMBIOS info. Try this while I look over yours, I'm currently in Ventura but the EFI will work with Sonoma too!.
I tested your FI but Wifi doesn't work either. Now the EFI from post 162.

I added kext for Sonoma

ha! yes! ECEnabler is great for getting laptop battery to function :)
Interestingly @Feartech the battery System Settings window shows up in macOS despite there being no battery!. I think its a quirk from these systems, it's been noted elsewhere too.

Screenshot 2024-04-14 at 9.49.06 AM.png

I tested your FI but Wifi doesn't work either. Now the EFI from post 162.

I added kext for Sonoma
Have you checked the cable attached to the M.2 Wi-Fi/BT card?.

Yes, the connections are ok and the card runs perfectly under Linux and also under Windows.

It also runs under Mac OS with the Efi from POST 160. Unfortunately, it is mixed up all over the place.

Your EFI from post 161 works (start takes longer) but WIFI doesn't work either.

You just took out the changed EFI from post 160 in post 162 and the file with which the WiFi in post 160 works.

Yes, the connections are ok and the card runs perfectly under Linux and also under Windows.

It also runs under Mac OS with the Efi from POST 160. Unfortunately, it is mixed up all over the place.

Your EFI from post 161 works (start takes longer) but WIFI doesn't work either.

You just took out the changed EFI from post 160 in post 162 and the file with which the WiFi in post 160 works.
The EFI I attached in post #161 has 'Airportitlwm-Ventura-v2.3.0' which I disabled, replace it with 'Airportitlwm-Sonoma14.4-v2.3.0'.

I did that immediately because you said you spotted him. Just put the kext in for Sonoma

What is noticeable is that after booting up and logging in, the WiFi signal is displayed for almost 1 second and then the WiFi is back with an exclamation mark.

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2024-04-14 um 16.39.10.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2024-04-14 um 16.39.10.png
    8.5 KB · Views: 1
Back