Contribute
Register

Mini-ITX Hackintosh (P8Z77-i Deluxe, i5 3450) - DSDT?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS P8Z77-i Deluxe
CPU
i5-3450
Graphics
GTX 650
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
First build - Mini-ITX Hackintosh (P8Z77-i Deluxe, i5 3450) - DSDT?

After a bit of trouble with my order at proshop.se for the ASRock H77M-ITX board and some other parts, I decided to cancel the order, and get some better stuff, know when I've got a bit more money.

The new order is now on it's way! :D It contains:
  • ASUS P8Z77-i Deluxe (Mother Board)
  • Intel i5 3450 (CPI)
  • Corsair CX 500W Builder Series 80+ (PSU)
  • Kingston ValueRAM 4GB (RAM)
  • BitFenix Prodigy (Case) <- :D

I already have an 120GB SSD to put in, aswell as a UniBeast USB Stick with Lion. I'm going to upgrade to Mountain Lion from the Mac App Store right after install! Only 149 SEK! :headbang: Can't wait to try out the messages and notification stuff. And the OS overall! :D I've watched tons of vids :)

I was wondering if anyone has a DSDT for my motherboard. I couldn't find one when searching the forums. :|

If I haven't red totally wrong on the forums, this setup will work fine on ML, right? :confused:

After a bit of trouble with my order at proshop.se for the ASRock H77M-ITX board and some other parts, I decided to cancel the order, and get some better stuff, know when I've got a bit more money.

The new order is now on it's way! :D It contains:
  • ASUS P8Z77-i Deluxe (Mother Board)
  • Intel i5 3450 (CPI)
  • Corsair CX 500W Builder Series 80+ (PSU)
  • Kingston ValueRAM 4GB (RAM)
  • BitFenix Prodigy (Case) <- :D

I already have an 120GB SSD to put in, aswell as a UniBeast USB Stick with Lion. I'm going to upgrade to Mountain Lion from the Mac App Store right after install! Only 149 SEK! :headbang: Can't wait to try out the messages and notification stuff. And the OS overall! :D I've watched tons of vids :)

I was wondering if anyone has a DSDT for my motherboard. I couldn't find one when searching the forums. :|

If I haven't red totally wrong on the forums, this setup will work fine on ML, right? :confused:

If you plan on using the internal GPU on the processor you need one with HD4000 graphics. There are only 2 i5 CPUs that have HD4000 - the 3570K and the 3475S. Otherwise, get a graphics card.
Everything else will work.

You also could use a Sandy Bridge processor with HD 3000 graphics with this Z77 board if you wanted. However, if you are buying all new components it is probably more sensible to go with the newer HD 4000 graphics.
I am using HD 3000 on my board, but I may upgrade when money permits to the HD 4000 once I hear positive reports of their performance with Hackintosh for my board

If you plan on using the internal GPU on the processor you need one with HD4000 graphics. There are only 2 i5 CPUs that have HD4000 - the 3570K and the 3475S. Otherwise, get a graphics card.
Everything else will work.

Damn, so, I won't be able to use the internal graphics? (they are HD2500 I think):cry:

As you say. You need a CPU with HD4000.

no.
apple never supported the hd2000 either, so its unlikely theyll add support for the hd2500.

no.
apple never supported the hd2000 either, so its unlikely theyll add support for the hd2500.

Isn't there a kext or something that might work? Isn't that what kexts do? :|

If not, damn! So I bought everything right, except for the processor? -.-'
Maybe the graphicscard in the old computer can work? It's a Gigabyte GV-R465D2-1GI (AMD Radeon HD 4650)

Or if the Gigabyte GV-R465D2-1GI doesn't work. Maybe I can put in my GTX 470?

nope.
i believe the hd2000 can have full resolution, but not acceleration (so close to useless if you are planning on a useable day to day system).
the 4650 will work with modified controller, x2000 etc kexts, which imo is the dirty way to get a card working.

as you have built this system from scratch, and not rehashing an old system, it would seem crazy to force stuff to work.
either send back your cpu and get one with a hd3000 or hd4000 igpu, or get a cheap compatible graphics card

gtx470 will work

Isn't there a kext or something that might work? Isn't that what kexts do? :|

If not, damn! So I bought everything right, except for the processor? -.-'
Maybe the graphicscard in the old computer can work? It's a Gigabyte GV-R465D2-1GI (AMD Radeon HD 4650)

Or if the Gigabyte GV-R465D2-1GI doesn't work. Maybe I can put in my GTX 470?
Send it back within 3 days if you bought it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back