Contribute
Register

Mini Guide: Mountain Lion Installation on Dell XPS 13 L322x (2013)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PS: I don't all this for my personal fun, but if some good souls are happy with it and wants to make a donation (... email removed ...), i won't refuse ^^'

Please read the rules: http://www.tonymacx86.com/faq.php

Rules said:
We do not allow members to post threads or to send private messages or emails to other members that advertise products or services or solicit for funds or donations.

You can use the ProBook Installer to generate a custom SSDT for that CPU, but use only the SSDT option. If you're using Clover, you'll have to copy the SSDT.AML placed in /Extra/ssdt.aml to EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched (and turn off Clovers auto-generate pstate/cstate).

But since you're using Clover, you're probably generating pstates/cstates automatically. Clover's auto-generate is not as good (in my experience) as Pike's ssdtPRgen.sh script (used by the ProBook Installer), but it is automatic and there would be nothing you'd need to do because of the CPU upgrade.
Well, then I won't bother anymore with it.
I get as many P-states as before, if not more, anyway.

As for Ulysse31:
I downloaded the kext before your post was taken down. It definitely works, but trackpad movement is pretty jerky, no matter what settings I use it at. But for now, it's still a great improvement.

Hi all again,

@rehabman: sorry, was not done with bad intention (was not asking for money in exchange of features, just for helping a poor dev ...)

Finally god something "kinda" stable, and also "kind of" usable, some bugs where coming from packet validation and others from error handling.
I have commit it to my subversion (gonna move to git soon :p , i just haven't code in a "shared" project since some time ^^)

Here is a "release" version (no debug) :

View attachment VoodooPS2Controller.kext.zip

Please ! backup your old kext to test this one ! try it before to be sure that it's "basic" features (and possible remaining bugs) feets your uses.

For now :
- basic tap to click (no double tap hold)
- basic two fingers scrolling (no smooth momentum)

Maybe Later / TODO :
- better scrolling management
- double tap hold (moving an object, selecting various)
- 3 fingers movements
- zoom

Regards to all,

As for Ulysse31:
I downloaded the kext before your post was taken down. It definitely works, but trackpad movement is pretty jerky, no matter what settings I use it at. But for now, it's still a great improvement.

Thanks for your encouragement, will work more on it this week end, and try to bring it even better ^^
Cheers.

It is c-states that are the problem with Clover auto-generate.

Hi all again,

@rehabman: sorry, was not done with bad intention (was not asking for money in exchange of features, just for helping a poor dev ...)

No worries it is just the rules...

I have commit it to my subversion (gonna move to git soon :p , i just haven't code in a "shared" project since some time ^^)

There is a learning curve to git, but once you learn it you won't want to use use svn anymore.

Can you confirm if we need to install your L322_A09_OSX.bin for the BIOS.
Do you also have a zipped package for clover? When does this get installed?
What are the chances of a walkthrough for mavericks?

I used unibeast to create the bootable usb installer... is this ok? Can I use multibeast after to mod the kexts.

Thanks,

Hi all again,

Finally god something "kinda" stable, and also "kind of" usable, some bugs where coming from packet validation and others from error handling.

Here is a "release" version (no debug) :

View attachment 76370

Please ! backup your old kext to test this one ! try it before to be sure that it's "basic" features (and possible remaining bugs) feets your uses.

For now :
- basic tap to click (no double tap hold)
- basic two fingers scrolling (no smooth momentum)

Maybe Later / TODO :
- better scrolling management
- double tap hold (moving an object, selecting various)
- 3 fingers movements
- zoom

Regards to all,
Thanks a lot! I've tried it and it had no response in half of the time. The OS X 10.9 restarted automatically several times but at least the system found the cypress touchpad and didn't recognize it as mouse like before. Best wishes!

Thanks a lot! I've tried it and it had no response in half of the time. The OS X 10.9 restarted automatically several times but at least the system found the cypress touchpad and didn't recognize it as mouse like before. Best wishes!

Have you tried Vlads? VoodooPS2Controller.kext.zip which is for 10.9

Hi all,

Just to inform that the VoodooPS2Controller with cypress implementation (allowing multitouch/gestures), is now at version 0.5, since i was banned by someone for a week, i could not post any infos about it during the last week ...
This kext originally dev on/for the XPS 13 l322x, has been now reported to work also on XPS 15z and lenovo u400.
For info, this kexts are compiled to work from 10.6 to 10.9 ...

Features are now as fallow :

Actual Features:
  • basic tap to click
  • basic two fingers scrolling (no smooth momentum)
  • 3 fingers tap/window move/select
  • 4 fingers swipe: need to have set on System Preferences => keyboard input shortcut to control+command+[up/down/left/right]
  • Basic settings can be now changed on the System Preferences => Trackpad

You can download it or check out the sources at :

https://code.google.com/p/voodoops2controllercypress/

If you have questions/remarks about it, you can make your asks on the "Official" Topic at :

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/294608-cypress-ps2-trackpad-kext/

I won't post any more infos here, don't like to be banned without knowing exactly why ...

PS: if the same person remove this message or bans me again, well ... don't care ^^

--
Ulysse31

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back