Contribute
Register

Mini Guide: Mountain Lion Installation on Dell XPS 13 L322x (2013)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually came back here because I wanted to make a New Year gift to all and build a new DSDT combined with a tuned setting for CLOVER to fix all issue, making this perfect... but I've seen ulysse31 great work and as a reward he was banned without any knowledge about his 'crime' [kiddin' me, right?]

I'll contact him by mail and try to get him back, he's one of two-three people which I worked with, so ya... wtf? tonymacx86 has a 'contribute' [aka 'give me your money'] on the first page for the developer work, which get banned ? my little brain is written in ASM so can't understand your high-level of programming these great rules :)

Hey guys, me again.

I just tried installing OS X again because of the improved trackpad and it nearly works fine, except I can't boot with DSDT. It doesn't matter whether it's a patched DSDT, completely unmodified DSDT or the DSDT from the Vlads website, it just won't boot with a DSDT in the CLOVER/ACPI/Patched folder.
It boots fine without, but I can't get proper performance like that, nor do I get battery status or sound.

I'll post IOReg a little later, I don't have my laptop with me.

compatibility added to both Dell XPS 13 L321x and L322x

If you have any advice, critics, or can give a hand, drop me an e-mail. [I didn't update the how-to and the changes, and I won't until stable - for now I'm pushing 'features' which are still available on my website]

-sleep remains the only issue [although DSDT seems quite complete on the USB 3.0 part, it looks like I can do a workaround by using Injection in CLOVER to not freeze completely and giving ability to unfreeze by using powerButton, but it increases the % to freeze - still investigating]

UPDATE: no longer need for DSDT patched [I've made a config.plist which will patch everything on-the-fly - still implementing some - check the changes.txt]

just get the files from my website and give some feedback [critics are better because it helps me do things better] - you do not need to use any tool like multibeast or bla bla - it's a matter of just copy and paste

Hi, Fist of all thanks for a great guide, it's very helpful, however I have a small problem getting screen to work. I've replaced EDID with a proper one, but when it boots the screen goes black. Any tips how to investigate the case? My xps13 is i5-3317u and 1366 screen.

the EDID you're trying to inject is not good. just remove it, inject EDID or just leave it blank, it will automatically 'most' inject it

Checked EDID under working Chimera bootloader (with Intel efi string) and under Linux, they were the same. When removed from config, no change, screen goes blank. Tried ig-platform-id, 0x01660008/9 makes screen blank. 01660005 - no blank screen, nothing happens. I will end up using Chimera. Cheers.

just use inject graphics intel, there's no need of what you're doing [you're the first to complain about this 'issue']

don't bother with 0x01660009, just try to use as patch-on-the-fly as you can.

[everything is tested on my L322x]

actually there is a HOW-TO.txt on my website
don't pressure the info too much, just read and do as it tell [it's splitted into big steps but you need to know something about clover and hackintosh, gpt, etc]

I will try to update the latest version tonight as I'm selling my XPS in like 5hours [sleep is kinda ok - I explained why it breaks]
I don't have time to implement on-the-fly patching for the USB 3.0 [i've just done the _OSC method], so you will need the GenericUSB

my method uses no aditional 'stuff', just vanilla and a copy>paste of the files I gathered and modified explicity for Dell XPS 13 L321x and L322x]

I will 'sleep/hibernate' the support on my site at least for a while [taking a break], maybe I'll return and if someone is ok to be the guinea pig, maybe I'll do some blind moding on the CLOVER config for the XPS [I will explain you what you need to do, all you need is to have a USB flash drive] - you will have the latest files but may be unstable [no chance of bricking the device so relax]

[no kids please]you're interested in geting this better ? then prepare to test and contact me by my website [contact > report bug] - I'll be patient with you and you'll definitly learn, understand the vanilla stuff of a hackintosher but you need to really want this [a lot of reading and hard work, not just to understand what it's already available, but I'll teach you how to understand the binary patch] - I'm taking up to two people [/no kids please]

No screenshots from me, sorry [I'm selling it and don't have time to do it, and still wouldn't do it]
we're checking the changes.txt, not the HOW-TO.txt... wtf ? :))

there's no bla bla in the instruction, just exactly what you need to do for triple boot [just extract the info you need] in STEPS in the _HOW-TO.txt [maybe I'll edit it when I'll have time to make it 'easier']:
PREPARE INSTALLERS
SETUP
INSTALL [which is actually like on a real mac]
FIX [not all necesary but recommended]

check references as well as that's the info I read and procesed :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back