HD 4600
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi,
I am going to build a customac. I have chosen "CustoMac Budget ATX". Here in my area all parts are available except "Crucial Ballistix Tactical". Is it ok if I buy any other RAM from different manufacturer?
What are the matters I should consider when choosing a RAM for building CustoMac?
Thank you in advance guys.

Hi,
I am going to build a customac. I have chosen "CustoMac Budget ATX". Here in my area all parts are available except "Crucial Ballistix Tactical". Is it ok if I buy any other RAM from different manufacturer?
What are the matters I should consider when choosing a RAM for building CustoMac?
Thank you in advance guys.

The smart thing to do is look at the memory QVL for your chosen motherboard and find something that is qualified for use on it, or find another ram on the Buyers List which is available to you.

:thumbup:

The smart thing to do is look at the memory QVL for your chosen motherboard and find something that is qualified for use on it, or find another ram on the Buyers List which is available to you.

:thumbup:

Thanks for your quick reply mate. I have gone through QVL list for the motherboard. To discuss further, could you please tell me why only "Crucial Ballistix" listed in Buying Advice? Is there any possibility to interrupt into the system if I use any other RAM for my system? Or may be it is the best one to suit CustoMac? Please just clarify me, and that's all I need to know.

Thank you very much for your effort buddy, Nice Work.
:clap::clap::clap:

Thanks for your quick reply mate. I have gone through QVL list for the motherboard. To discuss further, could you please tell me why only "Crucial Ballistix" listed in Buying Advice? Is there any possibility to interrupt into the system if I use any other RAM for my system? Or may be it is the best one to suit CustoMac? Please just clarify me, and that's all I need to know.

Thank you very much for your effort buddy, Nice Work.
:clap::clap::clap:

Well Corsair was favoured for a long time, but when Haswell and its 'sensitive' memory controller came out, a lot of people started having issues, particularly with the generic Corsair stuff. I couldnt say for sure which company was most at fault. It happened a lot on Gigabyte boards.

Then people started trying other ram brands and Crucial proved to be both popular and stable in those builds, so im guessing that was one of the main reasons for the change.

It still doesnt beat using QVL ram if you can find it, but it has proved its worth for a lot of users.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back