Graphics
Dual HiS ICEQ 6870 / Crossfire
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
So I've been wanting to install OSX Lion/Mountain Lion on my custom build but I am having the hardest time doing so. At first I made a Unibeast Mountain Lion USB and the installation was successful. After using MultiBeast to install kexts and drivers, upon reboot it would just get stuck on the Apple logo with the rotating loading ring. I figured something went wrong with my installation so I booted back into W7 and formatted the drive ( My SSD is partitioned into two, half for windows and half reserved for OSX) to FAT32. What I did not know back then was that all I needed was to set GraphicsEnabler to "no" but being the noob I am, i took the easy way without researching enough.

Anyhoo, I rebooted to reinstall OSX but this time I was greeted with a grim message that said:

Code:
Memory Allocation Error! Addr: 0xdeadbeef, Size: 0x0, File: hfs.c, Line: 732

This is a non recoverable error! System HALTED!

I have tried formatting the partition countless times, remade the USB stick numerous times, tried a few USB sticks, defaulted my BIOS settings but I can never get to the Chimera Unibeast screen.

Please help me find a solution, any help would be greatly appreciated.

My rig:

Intel Core i7 3770K
Gigabyte Z77-UD5H
16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600
His ATI Radeon 6870 1GB ( 2 of these for crossfirex under windows for gaming)
Corsair Professional Series 750W Modular PSU
OCZ Agility 120GB SSD (Boot drive, which is partitioned for both OS's.)
Samsung Pinpoint 1TB 7200RPM SATA 3GB/s HDD

Before posting we should ask 'hey, anybody there' ;-)
I´ve got the same error trying to install ML in Samsung RV415. It´s a AMD, so I don't have much hope about it.

Correct DSDT?

Did you use a DSDT from the DSDT Database?

http://www.tonymacx86.com/11-dsdt-database.html

If yes, is it the correct version for your motherboard's firmware version?

I messed this up on my first run-through. :)

I ended up reinstalling and giving it a go with the correct DSDT.

Hi,

I got this error when I tried to boot from iBoot. My CD was old, so I burnt another, and suspiciously got the exact same error. I'd booted that disc on that machine (dv8000 hp laptop) many times before, so I knew it was something to do with my hardware.
------------------

reading ramdisk image bt(0,0)/Extra/Preboot.dmg
no ramdisc config...

mounting: done

Memory allocation error! Addr=0xdeadbeef, Size=0x0, File=hfs.c, Line=729

This is a non recoverable error! System HALTED!!!
-----------------------
I tried all kinds of things, tried swapping HDD bays, reseating my ram, running memtest86 (showed no errors), etc. Ultimately, the clue was in the hfs.c part. I had a corrupted hfs+ partition on my drive caused by a failed resize. Even though I'd abandoned it and was actually trying to boot the Snow Leopard install disc just to restore an image, the damaged partition was screwing things up. Reformatted the partition as ext2 then hfs+ using systemrescuecd. After that it all worked as normal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back