Contribute
Register

"Mediakit reports partition (map) too small" - Yosemite installation on HP envy 15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
HP Envy 15-j037el
CPU
i7-4700MQ
Graphics
Intel HD 4600 / NVIDIA GeForce GT 740M
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi everyone, I have a problem completing the installation of Yosemite on my HP envy 15. I followed the guideGuide To Install Yosemite on HP Laptops with Clover UEFI and everything is ok, Yosemite installation boots up but when I have to choose the partition of my drive (I have dedicated only 25gb for Yosemite, formatted in hfs+ with gparted in linux) when I try to format this partition in "OS X extended journaled" I receive this message: "mediakit reports partition (map) too small". :banghead:
Anyone could help me? ;)

I tried to give it 45gb but no way.. the same message..

Attachments

• IMG_20141031_175250.jpg
    IMG_20141031_175250.jpg
    1,019.2 KB · Views: 571
It's due to small size of EFI partition. Make it atleast 250MB.:D

Hi everyone, I have a problem completing the installation of Yosemite on my HP envy 15. I followed the guideGuide To Install Yosemite on HP Laptops with Clover UEFI and everything is ok, Yosemite installation boots up but when I have to choose the partition of my drive (I have dedicated only 25gb for Yosemite, formatted in hfs+ with gparted in linux) when I try to format this partition in "OS X extended journaled" I receive this message: "mediakit reports partition (map) too small". :banghead:
Anyone could help me? ;)

I tried to give it 45gb but no way.. the same message..

You need to re-partition the drive.

It's due to small size of EFI partition. Make it atleast 250MB.:D
You think that's only the EFI partition?? because when you install a new OS it saves some file on the original EFI partition of the PC.. am I right?

You need to re-partition the drive.
In what sense re-partition the drive.. I've done this many times for installing that OS X.. first I gaved it 25gb but I saw the minimum specs for yosemite and it says at least 40gb for the complete installation.. well I re-partitioned the drive and gave it 45gb but it shows me the same message.. but I have an idea.. I have a mac, if I take out my ssd from my pc and connecting it to my mac and formatting the partition from there maybe will work..

In what sense re-partition the drive.. I've done this many times for installing that OS X.. first I gaved it 25gb but I saw the minimum specs for yosemite and it says at least 40gb for the complete installation.. well I re-partitioned the drive and gave it 45gb but it shows me the same message.. but I have an idea.. I have a mac, if I take out my ssd from my pc and connecting it to my mac and formatting the partition from there maybe will work..

Repartition completely. Wipe out all existing data and create all new partition table (GPT).

You think that's only the EFI partition?? because when you install a new OS it saves some file on the original EFI partition of the PC.. am I right?

Yes, Windows creates small EFI Partition. Re-partition with Disk Utility (OS X Installer) is the only solution that i was used.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back