Contribute
Register

Maximus V Gene 10.8.x Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maximus V Gene 10.8 Guide with DSDT

@at0myx : I 've been a bit disappointed when changing system definition, or adding dsdt ... and discovering that I had to reboot and rebuild kernel cache for it gets effective. Maybe you should reboot and rebuild more than twice to see any improvement in your sound's build.

As I read in other threads, owners of M5G got back from iMac 12,2 to Mac Pro 3,1 system definition to do not have any distortion when using green port.

I use to plug my audio in there, and if I plug a headphone in the front audio jack, it's just like in Windows ....

@Olivier: Ok. How do I rebuild cache? I ran sudo touch /s/l/e in terminal, then did permission repair and reboot but it didn't work.

Sorry, I'm a noob.

@at0myx : at chimera boot screen -> -f

BTW, did you install ML from scratch ?

I first installed it when upgrading from Lion, and I had a lot of bugs with progs. So I did a clean install and it did the trick.

Still doesn't work! :banghead:

I definitely installed ML from scratch but I had to install over it immediately after because of some booting issues. Do you think I need to reformat and install again?

@at0myx : You don't have to reinstall all since it seems you did it correctly, I mean :

- flashed your bios with the last modded bios from tonymacs' bioses database.
- installed ML via unibeast.
- installed MultiBeast with UserDSDT,
Realtek ALC898 non DSDT, hnak's intel ethernet and obviously chimera.

Leaving at default, smbios.plist would give you a MacPro3,1 system definition. You do not need anything else - apart from DVDplayback with "internal" hack and 3rd party s
ata to get both your DVD player working (I had to put GraphicsEnabler=Yes in org.chameleon.boot.plist to get DVD player.app to work) and your internal sata drives to be recognized as internal.

Ok. I have 2 issues:

1. Blank display when waking from sleep
2. Back audio ports not working.

I guess I'm stuck at 99% functional. I think I can live with it. Thanks.

Ok. I have 2 issues:

1. Blank display when waking from sleep
2. Back audio ports not working.

I guess I'm stuck at 99% functional. I think I can live with it. Thanks.

You Graphics card has that issue. And Use the Black port. Did you install the correct NON DSDT AUDIO?

You Graphics card has that issue. And Use the Black port. Did you install the correct NON DSDT AUDIO?

My black port doesn't work either. What system definition are you using? And how do I fix my graphics issue?

My black port doesn't work either. What system definition are you using? And how do I fix my graphics issue?

TO fix graphics, you can't. Just don't sleep (it's your card). Sound go into MultiBeast and select non DSDT 898.

TO fix graphics, you can't. Just don't sleep (it's your card). Sound go into MultiBeast and select non DSDT 898.

I already did that and it still doesn't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back