Maximus V Gene 10.8.x Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maximus V Gene 10.8 Guide with DSDT

Not if using Unibeast with ML.

What about SL with iBoot Legacy?

I would STRONGLY recommend you install Lion/ML. What's your other specs? The Nvidia 500/600 series isn't supported in SL.

Hello Koala,

I followed your steps for ML with Unibeast. I flashed the BIOS, installed ML. Everything worked great but now after reboot I get a kernel panic at AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement. Why am I getting this message?

My specs are below:
ASUS Maximus V Gene
i5-3570K
16 GB Corsair XMS3 DDR3 RAM
Nvidia GTX 260
Sony Optiarc DVDRW
160 GB

Update: I think I need to use Bridgehelper. I'm going to reinstall, then use multibeast and bridgehelper and see if it fixes it. I'll be back.

Update 2: I did not need to install Bridgehelper but the only way I could boot was by using the -x flag. Do you know why?

Ok. So I'm having problems with normal boot. It gives me a kernel panic for AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement. The only way to boot is by using the -x boot flag.

Did you flash your bios? It's needed to get NATIVE Cpu power management.

I did flash my BIOS. How do I know if it worked?

I did flash my BIOS. How do I know if it worked?

What version does it say? Go into the EZflash utility and it will say towards the top.

I'm going to have to wait until I get off from work. :cry: What should the version say? I remember I plugged my flash drive into the ROG port, held the button and waited until it stopped flashing. If it's the correct version, what should I check next?

1) you shouldn't have used BridgeHelper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back