Contribute
Register

Maximus V Gene 10.8.x Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maximus V Gene 10.8 Guide with DSDT

I didn't use Bridgehelper. I thought I needed to but after I read the instructions, it said it was not needed.

Try the following commands:
Code:
-v -f -x npci=0x2000 npci=0x3000 PCIRootUID=0 PCIRootUID=1 GraphicsEnabler=Yes/No

Try them separate, then try them all together (Use only one GraphicsEnabler/PCIRoot at a time)

I fixed it! For some reason my BIOS did not get patched the first time. I tried it again and this time it worked!:thumbup: Thank you!

Now, I'm having issues with the sound. For some reason it keeps dropping when I play music.

I fixed it! For some reason my BIOS did not get patched the first time. I tried it again and this time it worked!:thumbup: Thank you!

Now, I'm having issues with the sound. For some reason it keeps dropping when I play music.

You did the non DSDT enabler? And BTW you need to use the BLACK PORT, not the green one.

I actually use the green port, and it does work correctly, without dropping sound neither popping : using, of course Mac Pro 3,1 system definition ;)

I use the black with iMac12.2. Haven't tested the green with this smbios. I Guess when I FIRST installed the green port didn't work, and that was lion with the unmodified bios.

Black port doesn't work at all. The only port that works is the green one and the sound drops every few seconds.

My monitor doesn't turn back on after sleep either. I'm forced to reset the PC or make sure the display never sleeps.

I did install non-DSDT ALC898.

UPDATE: Weird. Front panel ports work perfect but motherboard ports do not.

@at0myx : you should try Mac Pro 3,1 WITH ALC898 non DSDT instead of iMac 12,2 to have green port fully working. It does perfectly for myself.
@KoalaMan : I read somewhere you used iMac 12,2 to recover pstates. With Mac Pro 3,1 I have 16,17,18 and 39 via MSRDumper working.

@Olivier: Sound still goes in and out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back