Contribute
Register

Maximus V Gene 10.8.x Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
First of all, thx a lot for this thread that really helped me for the first steps.

But no luck at all for me at the moment.
Flashing the bios 1408 Flashback method --> Check
Creating the USB Key (Kingston 8Go) with unibeast from retail mac app store ML --> Success
Booting the USB Key --> Failed o_O

The flash is correctly selected in Bios, everything is fine but whenever i get past the ROG logo, nothing initializing. I quickly see on screen Boot0 and a "/" doing 2 rounds then it stays black, no Chimera, no Boot logo, no GUI, nothing, just black.

I tried to blind navigate (left / right arrow enter Up / down) in case something would show up and nothing appear.

I tried to let it go for 20/30 minutes, nothing comes up. :rolleyes:

Here is my gear:
- Maximus Gene V
- I7 2600K
- 2x4Go Ram
- Gainward GTX570 (plugged to screen via DVI input,maybe it s the problem?)
- SSD Samsung 830
- SSD Corsair Force GT

If anyone has an idea.... i m kinda lost. :shifty:

First of all, thx a lot for this thread that really helped me for the first steps.

But no luck at all for me at the moment.
Flashing the bios 1408 Flashback method --> Check
Creating the USB Key (Kingston 8Go) with unibeast from retail mac app store ML --> Success
Booting the USB Key --> Failed o_O

The flash is correctly selected in Bios, everything is fine but whenever i get past the ROG logo, nothing initializing. I quickly see on screen Boot0 and a "/" doing 2 rounds then it stays black, no Chimera, no Boot logo, no GUI, nothing, just black.

I tried to blind navigate (left / right arrow enter Up / down) in case something would show up and nothing appear.

I tried to let it go for 20/30 minutes, nothing comes up. :rolleyes:

Here is my gear:
- Maximus Gene V
- I7 2600K
- 2x4Go Ram
- Gainward GTX570 (plugged to screen via DVI input,maybe it s the problem?)
- SSD Samsung 830
- SSD Corsair Force GT

If anyone has an idea.... i m kinda lost. :shifty:

New tries today:
- New USB Key Sandisk 16 Go
- Unplugged and disabled GTX570 to start from onboard hdmi

Result = Fail Exact same problem. Black Screen and nothing else. :rolleyes:

New tries today:
- New USB Key Sandisk 16 Go
- Unplugged and disabled GTX570 to start from onboard hdmi

Result = Fail Exact same problem. Black Screen and nothing else. :rolleyes:

Hi there, Im trying with the same board and same CPU. I can Actually install but im not having luck with MB.
At first I was having problems with the USB, i got a Sandisk 16gb and is working nice

It should boot easly from USB

Hi guys! I know this maybe isnt the right thread, but i figured better get help from people with the same motherboard.
My problem is that I cant get the audio to work properly.

I mean it works, but it has some lag. As soon as i got a video running or a song playing, the sound is "choppy", and not pleasant to listen at all. Any ideas what causing it, and how to fix this?

I have the latest patched bios, installed w/o dsdt and enabled 898 sound in multibeast.

My system:
Maximus v gene (obviously)
core i5 3570k
16gb ram
Asus GTX660Ti DC2

Running OSX 10.8.2

I will work on updating this guide. A lot has changed since I upgraded to Ivy Bridge!

Updated! Please see the issues I'm having and suggest fixes! No pictures yet!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back