Contribute
Register

Maximus V Gene 10.8.x Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Guys,

i've run into a little issue while following this guide and any advice i could get would be amazing.

System

i5 2400
16gb DDR3 @ 1333 <------ removed overclock of 1600 to make sure that wasnt the issue im facing
Maximus V Gene
GS800 PSU
2 x OCZ Agility 3 <------ have tried with and without RAID0
Asus 7950 DCUII <---- currently removed to troubleshoot this problem

Issue:

after flashing the latest bios patch from the guide and setting iGPU to primary with 64mb i can finally get more than just gibberish out of a -v load of the mountain lion installer. But within a couple of seconds of trying to load the machine just restarts... because it happens so quick i am really struggling to see the error thats causing this restart, now i'm not a pro but i've hackintoshed with iboot and multibeast on this machine when it had a Maximus IV Gene-z and all went fine so i've checked the usual culprits; Sata Mode, Turned all overclocks off, internal pl voltage overclock disabled, only connected the drives i want to use and all the rest.

This doesn't seem to be a kernel panic, i've tried -x , -v -x, GraphicsEnabler=No -x -v and i always get the same issue the machine just reboots within a couple of seconds loading.

Am i missing something completely obvious? Should i try with just 8gb ram?

Please help my macbook took a dive off the sofa the other day onto a hardwood floor and died shortly after all i have is my usb with a restored dmg of mountain lion and iboot on cd ....

Again any advice or help i receive would be amazing!

thanks in advance

Edit: Actually with some jiggery pokery i managed to pull a screen shot from a video recording of the boot.... but i still cnt see an issue from the verbose... Capture.jpg

I think that you I5 only has HD2000 which is not supported.

and im guessing theres no way to install with the 7950 present?

@silphx

I ran into similar issues after dismantling my Raid0, as I did not change my bios settings back to "ahci" from "raid". Did you do this already?

Everything working perfectly for me!

OS X Mountain Lion 10.8.4
Motherboard - Maximus V Gene (MAXIMUS V GENE BIOS 1802 - PATCHED)
Processor Intel Celeron G550 Sandy Bridge 2.61 GHz
Memory Kingston Hyperx Blue 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Graphics ATI Radeon HD 5450 1024 MB

Btw, Now I'm Playing the League of Legends for Mac :p

MAXIMUS V GENE BIOS 1802 - PATCHED

How did you patch the 1802 bios? DCPI would not patch that bios for me. I had to downgrade to 1604 in order to patch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back