Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z170X UD5 TH
CPU
i7 6700
Graphics
Intel 530 (onboard)
Running a skylake build with a dell ultrasharp 2711 monitor. Many things work, some don't. One of these is the display. It will only display well below its native resolution. I've tried fixing it with clover config but to no effect. Also installed the driver with clover config, didn't make a difference either.

Any suggestions?

Running a skylake build with a dell ultrasharp 2711 monitor. Many things work, some don't. One of these is the display. It will only display well below its native resolution. I've tried fixing it with clover config but to no effect. Also installed the driver with clover config, didn't make a difference either.

Any suggestions?
I have the same monitor and have no problem using the DVI or DP connectors.

Since we're not telepathic, we need to know your system components. See the tonymacx86 Forum Rules & Policies on signature block components.

Additionally, please provide complete details in your Profile.

Mobo: motherboard manufacturer/model
CPU: detailed CPU model (e.g., i7-4770K)
Graphics: Video card manufacturer/model and/or Intel Integrated Graphics version (e.g., HD4600)

See my Profile items to the left of my post, under my name.

By doing completing your Profile and signature block, you help us help you better. :thumbup:

I have the same monitor and have no problem using the DVI or DP connectors.

Since we're not telepathic, we need to know your system components. See the tonymacx86 Forum Rules & Policies on signature block components.

Additionally, please provide complete details in your Profile.

Mobo: motherboard manufacturer/model
CPU: detailed CPU model (e.g., i7-4770K)
Graphics: Video card manufacturer/model and/or Intel Integrated Graphics version (e.g., HD4600)

See my Profile items to the left of my post, under my name.

By doing completing your Profile and signature block, you help us help you better. :thumbup:

Good morning Stork,

Thanks for the reply. Not sure why the components weren't there, I thought I had pasted them. Anyway, have updated my profile so they show. Running the mobo graphics as I figured that the fewer components, the more likely it was that I would get an easy install. I've built two hacks in the past (both Z87X) and besides some small tweaks they have been easy to set up and ave run great over the years.

Will look at the pixel clock patch suggested, but alternatives are of course welcome! Anything that may work.

Have found another "issue". If I open any image in preview and view it at actual size, preview crashes. Not with smaller sizes, but larger files (presumably over a certain size) make preview crash. Any experience with this?

Thanks,

JW

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back