Contribute
Register

Mavericks on Asus n550jv-cn150h

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have an short question, i want to make an usb stick with mavericks 10.9.5 for my asus n550 , now i need to patch that haswell earyl reboot thing.
Do i need to patch both? acpi and xpcm ? oR only one thing , when wich one is better for that machine.

Thx for your great work you are doing awsome stuff here . THANK you:thumbup::thumbup:

Not sure what you mean by 'patch acpi'...

The need to patch for XCPM depends on the hardware you have and the bootloader you're using.

If you have modern hardware (Haswell), then most likely you have UEFI boot capability, so you might as well use Clover. Clover can patch for XCPM automatically with config.plist/KernelAndKextPatches/KernelPm=true.

thx for fast answering. You are my hero , y haswell and uefi yes , i dont want use clover because i want to have an clean as possible install. Or is it way better to go clover?`

So when i understand right xpcm acpi depends on that uefi thing. so xpcm when i go uefi ?

OR do i need both. OR only acpi

thank you again

thx for fast answering. You are my hero , y haswell and uefi yes , i dont want use clover because i want to have an clean as possible install. Or is it way better to go clover?`

So when i understand right xpcm acpi depends on that uefi thing. so xpcm when i go uefi ?

OR do i need both. OR only acpi

thank you again

Clover is far superior (and possible to have a much 'cleaner' install). Read about here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...oting-os-x-installer-laptops-clover-uefi.html

XCPM patching for locked MSR 0xE2 (what KernelPm does) has nothing to do with UEFI or ACPI.

mh, SO how i can find out if need only xpcm patch and or lapic?.
should i do both?

ps: in this threat http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-laptop-support/146288-install-yosemite-laptop-asus-n550jv.html

the xcpm patches for Yosemite 10.10:
Code:
perl -pi -e 's|\xe2\x00\x00\x00\x02\x00\x00\x00|\x00\x00\x00\x 00\x02\x00\x00\x00|g' kernel
perl -pi -e 's|\xe2\x00\x00\x00\x4c\x00\x00\x00|\x00\x00\x00\x 00\x4c\x00\x00\x00|g' kernel
perl -pi -e 's|\xe2\x00\x00\x00\x90\x01\x00\x00|\x00\x00\x00\x 00\x90\x01\x00\x00|g' kernel

he does only xcpm and it works or?

PS:My Laptop is Asus n550jv:

CPU: Intel® Core™ i7 4700HQ
Chipset: Intel® HM86 Express
Graphics card:Integrated Intel® HD Graphics 4600 NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 750M DDR3.
Networking:
Integrated 802.11 b/g/n or 802.11 a/g/n (WiDi)
Built-in Bluetooth™ V4.0+HS
10/100/1000 Base T
BT 4.0 support (on WLAN+ BT 4.0 combo card)
Audio:
Built-in Speakers And Digital Array Microphone
Built-in 4 Speakers And Microphone
Bang & Olufsen ICEpower®
SonicMaster Premium Asus N series external sub-woofer
MaxxAudio support

Pls help me , i dont want that clover .

PS: i know that this is yosemite. and yosemie patch.
i want mavericks because i want an faster system and what i read yosemite is not so good .

mh, SO how i can find out if need only xpcm patch and or lapic?.
should i do both?

If you follow the guide I linked, it it is not something you need to concern yourself with. The provided config.plist sets both KernelPm=true and KernelLapic=true.

The ASUS BIOS will not boot legacy to a GPT drive. The OS X installer requires GPT. This makes UEFI the only choice. And Clover is the only UEFI capable hackintosh bootloader.

Anyone willing to help,

Fellow owner of an ASUS n550jv here, attempting to install Mavericks using clover.
Followed the guide on page 5 of this topic, and the most recent EFI files posted there, I've managed to get clover installed on a usb disk with the mavericks base system installer on another.

Once in clover, I attempt to boot into the Mavericks installer disk.
I get fairly far in the process, but hang on the error:

Code:
[COLOR=#660066]AppleUSBHubPort[/COLOR][COLOR=#666600]:[/COLOR] [COLOR=#660066]Port[/COLOR] [COLOR=#006666]6[/COLOR] of [COLOR=#660066]Hub[/COLOR] at [COLOR=#006666]0x1d1000000[/COLOR] about to terminate a busy device [COLOR=#666600]([/COLOR][COLOR=#660066]Touchscreen[/COLOR][COLOR=#666600])[/COLOR] after waiting [COLOR=#006666]10[/COLOR] seconds

This repeats every 10 seconds indefinitely.
I've tried booting w/o cashes, in single user mode, unplugging all unnecessary usb's, but to no avail.

As the error describes, this seems like an issue with clover trying to load my touchscreen.
How do i disable this? would deleting the windows touchscreen driver do the trick? or is it something with my config.plist.

Any help would be appreciated.

Anyone willing to help,

Fellow owner of an ASUS n550jv here, attempting to install Mavericks using clover.
Followed the guide on page 5 of this topic, and the most recent EFI files posted there, I've managed to get clover installed on a usb disk with the mavericks base system installer on another.

Once in clover, I attempt to boot into the Mavericks installer disk.
I get fairly far in the process, but hang on the error:

Code:
[COLOR=#660066]AppleUSBHubPort[/COLOR][COLOR=#666600]:[/COLOR] [COLOR=#660066]Port[/COLOR] [COLOR=#006666]6[/COLOR] of [COLOR=#660066]Hub[/COLOR] at [COLOR=#006666]0x1d1000000[/COLOR] about to terminate a busy device [COLOR=#666600]([/COLOR][COLOR=#660066]Touchscreen[/COLOR][COLOR=#666600])[/COLOR]

after waiting 10 secondsThis repeats every 10 seconds indefinitely.
I've tried booting w/o cashes, in single user mode, unplugging all unnecessary usb's, but to no avail.

As the error describes, this seems like an issue with clover trying to load my touchscreen.
How do i disable this? would deleting the windows touchscreen driver do the trick? or is it something with my config.plist.

Any help would be appreciated.

Post EFI/Clover folder.

Post EFI/Clover folder.
Hello RehabMan :D
I have installed OSX 10.11 on my N550JV but get panic in shut down(and restart), if i shutdown then it get panic, no shut-down > no problem :crazy::crazy:
Panic code is "panic(cpu 4 caller 0xffffff800083bcce): "A kext releasing a(n) AppleUSB20HubPort has corrupted the registry"
i don't know what wrong, please help me fix this, the efi working well, but every boot-up, it have a system panic caution, the EFI folder and other info i had add to atack file.

Attachments

• efinew.zip
    19 MB · Views: 114
Hello RehabMan :D
I have installed OSX 10.11 on my N550JV but get panic in shut down(and restart), if i shutdown then it get panic, no shut-down > no problem :crazy::crazy:
Panic code is "panic(cpu 4 caller 0xffffff800083bcce): "A kext releasing a(n) AppleUSB20HubPort has corrupted the registry"
i don't know what wrong, please help me fix this, the efi working well, but every boot-up, it have a system panic caution, the EFI folder and other info i had add to atack file.

Download patchmatic: https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-maciasl-patchmatic/downloads/RehabMan-patchmatic-2015-0107.zip
Extract the 'patchmatic' binary from the ZIP. Copy it to /usr/bin, such that you have the binary at /usr/bin/patchmatic.

In terminal,
Code:
if [ -d ~/Downloads/RehabMan ]; then rm -R ~/Downloads/RehabMan; fi
mkdir ~/Downloads/RehabMan
cd ~/Downloads/RehabMan
patchmatic -extract

Note: It is easier if you use copy/paste instead of typing the commands manually.

Post contents of Downloads/RehabMan directory (as ZIP).

Also, post ioreg: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

And output from:
Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
kextstat|grep -y applelpc

Also, post EFI/Clover folder (press F4 at main Clover screen before collecting).

Also post output of:
Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back