Contribute
Register

Mavericks on Asus n550jv-cn150h

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, i don't think, but to be sure I took a screenshot of my notebook bios:
View attachment 79341

It is not something you can tell from the BIOS screen. It is only something you'll find out after installing a different WiFi card. Fortunately, compatible cards are inexpensive.

I've also tryed to install Touchpad driver using this elan kext (Rev.3.0.2):
http://forum.osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/1948-elan-touchpad-driver-mac-os-x/
but the system does't boot it's blocked with no error messages:
View attachment 79351

The touchpad semm ha been correctly recognized...
any ideas?

UPDATE:
I deleted the 2 elan kext from S/L/E but the system still doesen't boot without the -x parameter.. :(

The problem is a graphics problem. The (first) issue is you have not removed the nvidia kexts (NV*, GeForce*). After that, you will need to inject the correct ig-platform-id to activate your onchip Intel HD graphics.

Hi all,
I've got a new Asus N550JV-CN150H too.
After reading the various posts on this site and the various guides, I've succesfully installed OS X Mavericks on an external USB 3.0 disk. This is, for the moment, a temporary solution to test if OS X would work in my new laptop. I've used a MacbookPro 8,1 system definition in order to make the keyboard working but I don't know how to properly create a MacbookPro 11,2 profile using Clover and integrating it in MultiBeast/Chimera.
There are two big problems.

Audio, ethernet, wireless, bluetooth and trackpad don't work
For the wireless I'm thinking of buying a D-Link DWA 125 WiFi USB adapter (Ralink RT2870 chip), which I've found to be working as stated by this link http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/file/167-mavericks-ralink-usb-rt2870rt2770rt3x7xrt537x/ . Can you confirm this?

I've tried the Ethernet drivers available in MultiBeast, but none worked. Any solutions?

I don't know where to obtain the trackpad drivers.

I don't know how to get the nVidia GeForce GT 750M 4GB DDR3 working (for the moment it sees only the Intel HD 4600). All I know is that I had to remove all the AMD/nVidia drivers from the /System/Librarys/Extensions/ directory in order to correctly boot Mavericks.

I don't know how to load the battery manager (don't see the battery charge icon).

I don't really need bluetooth, so it doesn't matter.

Windows 8.1 UEFI prevents me to launch Chimera
I've read of someone on this forum asking about using Chimera with a UEFI system, but for the moment it doesn't seem to be possible. I can boot OS X after launching Windows 8.1 and using the "Boot to USB drive" option in the reboot section.
I've read that Clover is the way to go, but I want to remain in a Chimera context because..I like it very much and there's a lot of support and documentation from you all :)

Many thanks to all the people who can help in making this laptop working. Consider that this line of laptops is taking the flight in many stores and the various model of the Asus series have Haswell CPUs, nVidia graphic boards and Windows 8.1 with UEFI.
For future installation, I've to say that I used the kernel patches posted by RehabMan in this post: http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks...cked-msrs-hp-envy-15-j063cl-i7-4700mq-24.html

Thank you a lot, RehabMan :)

Hi all,
I've got a new Asus N550JV-CN150H too.
After reading the various posts on this site and the various guides, I've succesfully installed OS X Mavericks on an external USB 3.0 disk. This is, for the moment, a temporary solution to test if OS X would work in my new laptop. I've used a MacbookPro 8,1 system definition in order to make the keyboard working but I don't know how to properly create a MacbookPro 11,2 profile using Clover and integrating it in MultiBeast/Chimera.
There are two big problems.

Audio, ethernet, wireless, bluetooth and trackpad don't work
For the wireless I'm thinking of buying a D-Link DWA 125 WiFi USB adapter (Ralink RT2870 chip), which I've found to be working as stated by this link http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/file/167-mavericks-ralink-usb-rt2870rt2770rt3x7xrt537x/ . Can you confirm this?

I've tried the Ethernet drivers available in MultiBeast, but none worked. Any solutions?

What Ethernet chip is in your laptop? Use DPCIManager->PCI List to find out.

I don't know where to obtain the trackpad drivers.

Who makes the trackpad in your laptop? Use Windows Device Manager to find out.

I don't know how to get the nVidia GeForce GT 750M 4GB DDR3 working (for the moment it sees only the Intel HD 4600). All I know is that I had to remove all the AMD/nVidia drivers from the /System/Librarys/Extensions/ directory in order to correctly boot Mavericks.

You have "switching" graphics (Optimus). Only the HD4600 can be made to work.

I don't know how to load the battery manager (don't see the battery charge icon).

http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks-laptop-support/116102-how-patch-dsdt-working-battery-status.html

Windows 8.1 UEFI prevents me to launch Chimera
I've read of someone on this forum asking about using Chimera with a UEFI system, but for the moment it doesn't seem to be possible. I can boot OS X after launching Windows 8.1 and using the "Boot to USB drive" option in the reboot section.
I've read that Clover is the way to go, but I want to remain in a Chimera context because..I like it very much and there's a lot of support and documentation from you all :)

You cannot boot a UEFI Windows install from Chimera. Either use Clover, or re-install Windows in legacy mode.

What Ethernet chip is in your laptop? Use DPCIManager->PCI List to find out.
The driver used on Windows 8.1 is named Rt630x64.sys, so I guess it has a Realtek RT630 chip.

Who makes the trackpad in your laptop? Use Windows Device Manager to find out.
It says "ASUS Touchpad" and the drivers are signed by ASUS.

You have "switching" graphics (Optimus). Only the HD4600 can be made to work.
Ok, thank you.

I'll give a try, thank you :)

You cannot boot a UEFI Windows install from Chimera. Either use Clover, or re-install Windows in legacy mode.
Do you plan in future to implement UEFI support in Chimera?

The driver used on Windows 8.1 is named Rt630x64.sys, so I guess it has a Realtek RT630 chip.

Use DPCIManager on OS X or 'lspci -nn' in Linux Terminal.

It says "ASUS Touchpad" and the drivers are signed by ASUS.

Dig deeper. ASUS does not make touchpads.

Do you plan in future to implement UEFI support in Chimera?

I don't do any work on Chimera. But I think the answer to your question is "No". It would be a major development effort and is unnecessary, given you can just use Clover.

What is the device id?
I attach a screenshot with all the information. Device id doesn't seem to appear in the columns of DCPI Manager:

Schermata 2014-01-20 alle 21.01.17 copia 2.jpg

Properties->Advanced.
It doesn't give any useful information except that it's all named "Asus".. :(

Btw, I've made the audio working thanks to the "Load Kext" function in DCPI. I've loaded the VoodooHDA.kext driver available in MultiBeast, which didn't work if installed using MultiBeast. With DCPI it works :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back