Contribute
Register

Mavericks on Acer Aspire Timeline U M3-581TG?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Posted! View attachment MacBook Pro de David.ioreg

Try EC reset (use search).

My laptop doesn't have a removable battery :( the artifacts come when open the "preferences" from Apple icon, for example.

Test sleep with Apple->Sleep first. Be aware of ~20 sec delay in Mavericks.

Yes! Now works when I close the laptop lid! Thanks!

Use search, there are many examples of how to do it here (call _OFF() from _INI in the SSDT with your discrete graphics code).

I found tutorials but do not understand anything... :oops:

Audio: Best result with patched AppleHDA. Google 'patch AppleHDA guide'. Search for suitable AppleHDA or patch it yourself. Apply appropriate DSDT patches.

DSDT patches you need for AppleHDA: https://github.com/RehabMan/Laptop-DSDT-Patch
Apply: "Audio Layout 12" (change layout-id from 12 to the layout-id used by the patched AppleHDA)
Apply: "IRQ Fix"

I've patched the AppleHDA and now has native sound :thumbup:

I found tutorials but do not understand anything... :oops:

The basics are pretty simple. Find your SSDT that contains the code for your discrete graphics. From within that SSDT, call _OFF from _INI. Do any other patches required (eg. GFX0->IGPU rename). Install SSDT such that the bootloader will load it.

I have read that the GT 640 works natively in OS X, if I could disable the Intel HD3000 from BIOS, OS X would recognize the GT640m?

I have read that the GT 640 works natively in OS X, if I could disable the Intel HD3000 from BIOS, OS X would recognize the GT640m?

If you could completely disable HD3000, then yes, you could try.

I refer to this :D

ThinkPad-Graphics-Device-BIOS-Settings-No-Callout.jpg

The photo was an example. I installed a modified bios, but when I disable the Intel, this (photo) appears at boot. :( I made a screenshot once started from Mac OS, and the same problem appears. Is Mac OS X or BIOS? Disable the NVIDIA works perfect, but I still have the problem that I get stuck at times (eg Open Preferences)

Captura de pantalla 2014-06-18 a la(s) 11.11.44.png20140619_082019.jpg

The photo was an example. I installed a modified bios, but when I disable the Intel, this (photo) appears at boot. :( I made a screenshot once started from Mac OS, and the same problem appears. Is Mac OS X or BIOS? Disable the NVIDIA works perfect, but I still have the problem that I get stuck at times (eg Open Preferences)

View attachment 96443View attachment 96444

If you disable Intel, you'll have to do whatever is necessary to make nvidia work... Changes to configuration will be necessary, tweaking drivers, injection, etc. I don't know the details as I have no nvidia hardware.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back