Contribute
Register

Mavericks: No Audio - Realtek ALC AppleHDA [Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am pretty sure i am missing something very simple here. I have had sound on this machine working under MB for sometime now, but thought i'd get slick and attempt clover.

System Info :
CPU: i7-3770 CPU
Motherboard GA-Z77X-UP5 TH (ALC898)
Graphics : Onboard Intel HD 4000 / nVidia GTX 660 Ti
Clover version r2652

Guide Used: https://github.com/toleda/audio_CloverALC

Symptoms of issue : No audio inputs or outputs are shown in the sound control panel so as a result I don't have any sound.

Edited to include DPCIManager status screen shot and a copy of the debug log
I am not using a dsdt or ssdt (didn't need one with mb)
AppleHDA.kext version is 2.6.0
I do not have a AppleHDAxxx.kext file

Attached please find my config.plist, ioreg dump, the sound assertions from my console log and a copy of my IOReg. Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

previous post edited , missing files attached. Thanks for the prompt response.
Let me know if i am missing anything else.

Everything attached says audio is working. See Post #1, No Sound. Do a test with iTunes and Headphones. Reply with a new IOReg.

Hi I have tried it with the whole pores of Post #1, No Sound and please see the attachments.
The motherboard sound connector are not working no sound but air play is working seamless.
New IOReg attached with 2 screen shots have a look.

Thanks

Attachments

• Jamal’s Mac Pro -r2.iojones
    1.2 MB · Views: 106
  • Screen Shot 2014-04-05 at 10.54.43 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-04-05 at 10.54.43 PM.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 140
  • Screen Shot 2014-04-05 at 10.53.08 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-04-05 at 10.53.08 PM.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 118
Hi I have tried it with the whole pores of Post #1, No Sound
What ever you did, it was not what was requested. I asked for Headphones, no headphones connected. I asked for iTunes, no iTunes in IOReg. I see AirPlay, not requested.

"AppleHDA.kext version is 2.6.0", not helpful. Attach the kext.
attached to my original post

thanks again for taking the time!

attached to my original post
Big mistake; used the wrong patch command. Use cloverALC/audio_cloverALC898-90_patch.command, not audio_alc898-92_patch.command; "clover" is the hint.

Fixable:
1. Remove S/L/EAppleHDA.kext (Archive, same as MultiBeast/ALC898)
2. Move Desktop/audio_ALC898/AppleHDA-orig.kext to Desktop
3. Rename Desktop/AppleHDA-orig.kext to AppleHDA.kext
4. Install Desktop/AppleHDA.kext to S/L/E with KextBeast, Kext Utility, etc.
5. Double click: Downloads/audio_ALC898-master/cloverALC/audio_cloverALC898-90_patch.command
6. if no errors, restart.

Big mistake; used the wrong patch command. Use cloverALC/audio_cloverALC898-90_patch.command, not audio_alc898-92_patch.command; "clover" is the hint.

Ah yes... very big mistake, with a very simple fix! looks (and sounds) great now! thanks for your prompt help!!
:thumbup:

I have a Sony VAIO FIT 15E,'m atualmento with the Mavericks 10.9.2 and is running very well. My only problem is that I am unable to enable HDMI audio, I'm using 2.8.5 voodoohda, and she also not empowering.

I have tried to fix the applehda, extracting the codec by Ubuntu, but without success too.

My codec is:

ALC233
DeviceID 1e20
VendorID 8086

Could anyone help?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back