Contribute
Register

Mavericks: Native CPU/IGPU Power Management

Feels like I'm missing something major as others have it working with my same build... No idea what though o_O
PM is not working, however, it enables Turbo.
Suggest Piker-Alpha/ssdtPRGen.sh (Beta) and download the codeload version.
Reply with new files.

Piker-Alpha/ssdtPRGen.sh (Beta) and download the codeload version.
Reply with new files.

New files as requested using codeload (The manual download command, then extracting the zip thing is what I'm assuming you mean)

View attachment stiligFoxPM2.zip

I did notice that ssdtPRGen is generating several ssdt files ssdt, ssdt-1, -2, -3, and -4... should I be putting all of them into /patched? (and renaming the ssdt LPC patch to ssdt-5?)
Screen Shot 2015-12-28 at 11.58.50 AM.png

Was not clear, what is running requests what apps are running. IPG showed a busy system; only way to get low p states is when nothing other the system processes are running. Activity Monitor shows what is running.

Native BIOS/SSDT/CpuPm does not exist, cannot be dropped. CpuSsdt does exist and can be dropped.

Did not request removing ssdts for any PM testing. Requested new IPG with only system processes running.

I see where you're getting at. Should've realized myself AICPUPM only reports P-states as they're generated along. I've been running GTX Fermi Freeze Fix which constantly consumes 1% of my system.

I got the iGPU working and booted with it as the main GPU, killed all the extra processes I could. The IGP screenshot was taken after I shut down my monitor (hot corner) and the AICPUPMI log was taken after I ran GpuTest to generate P-states. Things are looking promising:

Attachments

• AICPUPMI.txt
    13.1 KB · Views: 115
  • IGP.png
    IGP.png
    151 KB · Views: 130
did notice that ssdtPRGen is generating several ssdt files ssdt, ssdt-1, -2, -3, and -4... should I be putting all of them into /patched?
No, they are native sstds.
No PM, no idea why.

expected more turbo boost (default one - 3,7Ghz)
Post #912
Code:
Dec 24 13:09:03 localhost kernel[0]: AICPUPMI: CPU Maximum non-Turbo Frequency....: 3300 MHz
Dec 24 13:09:03 localhost kernel[0]: AICPUPMI: CPU Maximum Turbo Frequency........: 3700 MHz
Dec 24 13:11:52 Tomass-Mac-mini kernel[0]: AICPUPMI: CPU P-States [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 (36) 37 ]

Back