Contribute
Register

Mavericks: Native CPU/IGPU Power Management

Agree. Attach a screenshot of Activity Monitor/View/All Processes, Hierarchically
No running app exept Firefox, tried to screen all the way down, as it's dynamic hope I haven't miss anything. Here you are, screen capture and/or a zip files containing them :
activity 1.pngactivity 2.pngactivity 3.pngactivity 4.png

Attachments

• activity.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 64
Not true. Music Manager, > 50% CPU! Quit all applications; OS only. Reply with first screen of Activity Manager and all other files.

It's uploading my music in background, haven't seen it, sorry -_-

Hope it's OK this time, quited also Dropbox & Google Drive, some daemon are running in background still.

Attachments

• Toleda 3.zip
    919.3 KB · Views: 93
Not true. Music Manager, > 50% CPU! Quit all applications; OS only. Reply with first screen of Activity Manager and all other files.

Hello Toleda

Did you look into my case? Why the frequency of my CPU keeps on 4.0GHz? But the PM seems to be working. Is the real iMac same?

Much appreciated

Hello Toleda

Did you look into my case? Why the frequency of my CPU keeps on 4.0GHz? But the PM seems to be working. Is the real iMac same?

Much appreciated

I've got exactly the same, however there is a solution which was posted a while ago on Pike's Universum:
https://pikeralpha.wordpress.com/2014/05/26/major-breakthrough-for-power-management/
Setting the BIOS to the same values (different frequencies for every processor of course), I was able to see my processor actually power down in the Intel Power Gadget and it reached and held those states.
Btw If you would use the old AppleIntelCPUPowerManagementInfo.kext, you would see that you actually only have 3 states at this moment, the Turbo one, the regular frequency and the 800MHz one. I asked Pike for an explanation why the new AppleIntelInfo.kext shows so many states which are maybe reached but not held, but I did not got an answer.

Still, you get more states, but at the cost of performance, for me it was not worth it

Rgds,
Simania

I'm running 10.10.3 via Clover, on a GA-Z97-HD3 (revision 2.0) motherboard, with BIOS version F7. I have an i5-4460 processor and a PowerColor Radeon R9 280x. I followed the guide in post 1, including adding SSDT-1 from post 530.

Speedstep/power management doesn't seem to be working on my idle computer: https://www.dropbox.com/s/e2zxcx8qs9e3gev/Screenshot 2015-04-10 17.17.06.png?dl=0.

Screen Shot 2015-04-10 at 5.16.16 PM.png

I've tried iMac14,1 as well as iMac15,1 in case iMac15,1 worked better with my Haswell refresh processor and Z97 board both look about the same.

Attached are the required files: View attachment console.log, View attachment SSDT.aml, View attachment config.plist, View attachment ankush-imac.iojones, and View attachment AICPUPMI_output.txt.

Hi Toleda, thanks for this tutorial, here's a problem I'm having on my laptop.

Problem Report:
1. PM seems to work properly, but if I issue the command cat /var/log/system.log | grep "AICPUPMI:" I can see only 5 P-States instead of 16 contained in my SSDT; also Console/Search: XCPM is empty.
2. OS X Mavericks / HM65 / Phoenix BIOS version 05FI / Intel Core i3-2350M / HD3000
3. UniBeast & MultiBeast; AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement patched with AICPMPatch
4. See file attached.
5. See file attached.
6. See file attached.
7. See file attached.
8. See file attached.
9. I use Chameleon.
10. No questions.
Please help me to enable all 16 P-States.

Attachments

• attachments.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 57
I've got exactly the same, however there is a solution which was posted a while ago on Pike's Universum:
https://pikeralpha.wordpress.com/2014/05/26/major-breakthrough-for-power-management/
Setting the BIOS to the same values (different frequencies for every processor of course), I was able to see my processor actually power down in the Intel Power Gadget and it reached and held those states.
Btw If you would use the old AppleIntelCPUPowerManagementInfo.kext, you would see that you actually only have 3 states at this moment, the Turbo one, the regular frequency and the 800MHz one. I asked Pike for an explanation why the new AppleIntelInfo.kext shows so many states which are maybe reached but not held, but I did not got an answer.

Still, you get more states, but at the cost of performance, for me it was not worth it

Rgds,
Simania

I followed the way in Pike's blog but no luck and the frequency still stays between 3.0 to 4.0 GHz under Intel Power Gadget. See below

Screen Shot 2015-05-04 at 7.43.17 PM.png

I have to switch the smbios from iMac to MacBook Pro. After the switching, the Intel Power Gadget shows a normal power status. See below.

Screen Shot 2015-05-04 at 8.20.17 PM.png

Back