Contribute
Register

Mavericks: Native CPU/IGPU Power Management

I use your SMBIOS.
Try Piker-Alpha/ssdtPRGen.sh · GitHub/BETA branch.
Reply with new files

I've completed a clean install, new clover install, new config.plist and new PM ssdtPRGen files with:
./ssdtPRGen.sh and with ./ssdtPRGen.sh -p i5-5675C -b Mac-FFE5EF870D7BA81A -m iMaci16,2.
Both were created successfully yet using iMac16,2 still isn't producing lower P-States (It can reach 1.0GHZ without SSDT???).
New files created but are similar to files recently posted.

Attachments

• Clean Install .zip
    918.8 KB · Views: 96
Big problems: AICPPUPMI Terminal output
Verify BIOS/Load Optimized Defaults
Clover log:
0:781 0:000 Found table: SSDT CpuSsdt len=2932
0:781 0:000 Drop table 1 signature="SSDT" (54445353) table-id="CpuPm" (0000006D50757043) Does not exist
Edit config.plist/ACPI/DropTables
Try Piker-Alpha/ssdtPRGen.sh · GitHub/BETA Branch
Reply with new files

Alrighty - So I removed all the modifications (I accidentally forgot to remove the old SSDT and SSDT-1 files from the patched folder, but I removed the dropped tables from config.plist, and it looks like this:
IPGBaseline.png
Then I did a full reset to default BIOS (again), updated FakeSMC, downloaded a new copy of all the tools and kexts needed. (I tried compiling a copy of AppleIntelInfo since it seemed newer and better but it just created a kernel panic).

I downloaded the new beta ssdt gen and followed its instructions - for some reason it puts it into my library folder exactly as shown:
creatingSSDT.png
I copied that and a fresh copy of the SSDT-1 file from post #530 and put all that in the patched folder in EFI. I then configured Clover in the way you said to (drop SSDT tableIDs Cpu0Ist and CpuSsdt) and now it looks like this:
NewIPG.png

New files attached.
View attachment stiligPMNew.zip

I'm really hoping I won't have to start with a fresh install of OS X...

(I'm seeing you guys discuss the 16,2 SMBIOS - would that help ,e or is that strictly broadwell?)
(I should also mention that if I take everything off and back to vanilla, even though the Frequency is so high, it runs about 2-3 degrees cooler.)
(Also, out of curiosity, n00b question, but what is the difference between the Frequency of IPG and say, the usage monitor of iStat menus? Am I right in assuming that when the Frequency in IPG goes down, it's as if the actual CPU Ghz is going down? I.E. It has nothing to do with actual usage?)

1. Noise and Heat, CPU pm is done correctly i assume, its Arrandale. But no idea about my discrete at device PM. Not sure about the heat cause.

2. 10.10.5 / SONY VAIO VPCEA46FG / i5 480m / ATI 5470M

3. Native GPU/IGPU using stock SSDT's and Generate p tate=y Generate c states= y Using Clover Drop Oem=No

4.ioreg
1. View attachment My MacBook Pro.zip

5.Kp on installing AICPUPMI kext
6. View attachment console.log.zip

7.hw monitor after waking from sleep
hwMonitor .jpg

8. skip using clover
9.clover
1.View attachment config.plist
2.View attachment bootlog.log.txt
3.View attachment DSDT.aml
4.SSDT's im using is unmodified original one drop oem=no in clover. Boot log says clover is loading these ssdt's which are unmodifiedView attachment SSDT-0.aml View attachment SSDT-5.aml

seeing you guys discuss the 16,2 SMBIOS - would that help ,e or is that strictly broadwell?

what is the difference between the Frequency of IPG and say, the usage monitor of iStat menus?
Set:
config.plist/KernelAndKextPatches/AsusAICPUPM/NO
config.plist/KernelAndKextPatches/KernelPm/NO
Reply with new files.
14, 15: Haswell
16: Broadwell
IPG shows one core freq and total cpu power, no idea what iStat "usage monitor" shows.

I have the same problem; will advise when solution found.

Thank you for the sanity check. I've noticed whether AppleLPC.kext loads or not it doesn't seem to affect PM frequencies reported. Tested adding 8cc4 to S/L/E/AppleLPC.Kext/Contents/info.plist and still no change.

no change.
i5-5675c_cpu_pm_fix (10.11, 10.11.1)

S/L/E/IOPlatformPluginFamily.kext/Contents/Plugins/X86PlatformPlugin/Contents/Resources/
Mac-FFE5EF870D7BA81A.plist (iMac16,2)
Mac-031B6874CF7F642A.plist (iMac14,1)

Replace iMac16,2/FrequencyVectors/Item 0 with Mac14,1/FrequencyVectors/Item 0

Details:
Copy S/L/E/IOPlatformPluginFamily.kext to Desktop

Xcode/Property list Editor/PlistEdit Pro/etc.
1. Copy
Mac-031B6874CF7F642A.plist/IOPlatformPowerProfile/FrequencyVectors/Item 0

2. Delete
Mac-FFE5EF870D7BA81A.plist/IOPlatformPowerProfile/FrequencyVectors/Item 0

3. Paste
Mac-031B6874CF7F642A.plist/IOPlatformPowerProfile/FrequencyVectors/Item 0
onto
Mac-FFE5EF870D7BA81A.plist/IOPlatformPowerProfile/FrequencyVectors

4. Save/Install/Rebuild kernel cache/Restart

Credit: Piker Alpha

i5-5675c_cpu_pm_fix (10.11, 10.11.1)

Credit: Piker Alpha

Many thanks toleda for the documentation and thanks to Piker Alpha for the Fix. Regards to Piker Alpha for his speedy recovery.
Tested also for 10.11.2 and confirmed working.

IGP16,2.png0.8GHZ.png
AICPUPMI16,2.png

Attachments

• iMac16,2 PM-0.8GHZ.ioreg
    7 MB · Views: 173
Back