Contribute
Register

Mavericks Install gives glitchy white screen on unibeast boot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
HP ProBook 4530s (Clover)
CPU
i5-2450M
Graphics
HD3000, 1024x768
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello!

I have successfully installed Mavericks on my HP4530s that previously had SL running beautifully on it.

BUT after the successful install message and restart I try to boot with unibeast, I see the Apple logo then after about 60 seconds, the system jumps to a crazy white glitchy lined screen with two black lines down the middle.

I tried GraphicsEnabler=No and various other boot flags but I cant get to the desktop to finish off the process.

I've installed Mavericks twice just in case but its the same.

Here is my system report if that helps: View attachment arggh_report.txt

I only upgraded as my hdmi didnt work on SL and it was suggested Mav did :/

Any help is greatly appreciated...

Ps i am a super newb :thumbup:

You might want to add your system specs to your profile as per the forum rules (somebody else will let you know if i don't :)

Paste a link to the guide you have followed.

if you've used chameleon paste your smbios.plist, if clover, your config.plist.

perhaps boot with -v taking a screen shot / photo of where it stops responding and post that up.

what settings have you changed in bios that are not "default"?

Is this a new/clean install, or an update from SL?

I don't have all the answers, but providing the above info might help others to help you a bit quicker :thumbup:

Hello!

I have successfully installed Mavericks on my HP4530s that previously had SL running beautifully on it.

BUT after the successful install message and restart I try to boot with unibeast, I see the Apple logo then after about 60 seconds, the system jumps to a crazy white glitchy lined screen with two black lines down the middle.

I tried GraphicsEnabler=No and various other boot flags but I cant get to the desktop to finish off the process.

I've installed Mavericks twice just in case but its the same.

Here is my system report if that helps: View attachment 88378

I only upgraded as my hdmi didnt work on SL and it was suggested Mav did :/

Any help is greatly appreciated...

Ps i am a super newb :thumbup:

Make sure you're following one of the sticky guides. Also, use a freshly created USB using the latest Unibeast.

Please provide complete details in your profile.

System: manufacturer/model
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
System: HP ProBook 4540s
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx). For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

Thanks for your reply guys. I will update my profile when I have all the specs.

I have fixed it myself!!!!

I think the issue was that it wasn't a clean install rather an upgrade from SL.

So this is what I did, hopefully it might help someone as stuck as I was:

1) Booted in with unibeast on my USB
2) Went to install Mavericks again but this time before I installed I used Disk Utility to create a new Partition.
3) I then installed to the new partition I created without a hitch :thumbup:

After I finished off the steps in the excellent guide written I navigated to my old partition in finder, transferred over some of my music and personal files and then deleted the old partition.

I did have a usb mouse and keyboard at hand which might have also helped when I got a white screen after the restart once Mavericks is successfully installed.

Hope this helps someone...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back