Contribute
Register

Mavericks: HDMI Audio - AppleHDA [Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
—It's been a while since I've done this from scratch and I'm a bit rusty. Primarily, after copying the corresponding code, I get all kinds of errors when I try to compile the DSDT .

Two questions:

If I've already edited a DSDT for Lion (10.7.5), can I save myself a step and just use that one?

In Mavericks, is it possible to have both onboard audio as well as HDMI audio profiles? That's my main goal.

If I've already edited a DSDT for Lion (10.7.5), can I save myself a step and just use that one?
In Mavericks, is it possible to have both onboard audio as well as HDMI audio profiles? That's my main goal.
DSDT changes with BIOS updates; is the BIOS a different version than the dsdt?
Nividia edits changed for Kepler, no changes to HD3000 and AMD.
On board and HDMI audio always worked together.
HD3000/HD4000 HDMI audio replaces one of the Line Out choices

Thanks for responding so quickly. I most likely updated to the latest BIOS while using Lion. I've been using an ATI Radeon HD 5570 al this time with few issues. Anyway it's possible I need to look at this with fresh eyes. I'm sure the answer is in one of your guides, like I said I'm a bit rusty, but at least now I know it's possible. Thanks again.

Hi toleda. I updated my BIOS. My stock DSDT attached below. Tried to use the Maciasl patches to automatic patch but confused a bit. Firstly I applied clean compile patch then I tried to apply the p0p2 patch but I find my DSDT has no P0P2, so I used PEG0 patch and then added HD5K/AMD/NVIDIA 1 patch but find I have 2 igpu device showed up. One under P0P2 one stand alone. I wonder can I do it manually? What`s the key point to add after clean compile patch for HD4600? I also see NUC-HD5K PATCH. What does NUC mean?
View attachment dsdt.zip

Got it working without the patch scripts. I also fixed all warnings manually. Now I have a very important issue of audio. I noticed the configdata I used is not the same as mine. Please check my another post by clicking the link below for more detail.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/112461-mavericks-no-audio-realtek-alc-applehda-guide.html#post849273

:think: Let me rephrase, I'm trying to enable HDMI audio for my graphics card as well as onboard audio. I don't remember there being this many steps when I did it for Lion, so I may be off track here. Should I start with the DSDT-GA-H67N-USB3-B3-F9-HDMI.aml file as a base and work from there? Also how do I change the layout ID?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back