Contribute
Register

Mavericks: HDMI Audio - AppleHDA [Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I attached this kext that worked in 10.9 and 10.9.1. However this kext works on 10.9 and 10.9.1 only when HDAenabler is installed (no onboard audio, but HDMI audio works).
Clarify, 662 onboard: yes or no?
If no, see ML: How to Add or Edit dsdt/HDEF, edit HDEF as shown in Post #1.
Reply with edited dsdt and IOReg.

Clarify, 662 onboard: yes or no?
If no, see ML: How to Add or Edit dsdt/HDEF, edit HDEF as shown in Post #1.
Reply with edited dsdt and IOReg.

Toleda,

I used the Nvidia Kexts and my audio kexts from 10.9.0 and i installed in 10.9.2 and the HDMI sound worked again! No issues found. It seems there is a driver issue in 10.9.2?

I attached the 10.9.2 IORegistry with 10.9.0 audio and Nvidia Kexts.

Thanks Toleda for your help!

Attachments

• 10.9.2 mod.zip
    354 KB · Views: 113
It seems there is a driver issue in 10.9.2?
You misunderstood, my 662 question is, are you trying to get 662 onboard audio to work in addition to HDMI audio?
Regarding HDMI audio in 10.9.2, your dsdt has an invalid layout-id. The enabler sets the layout-id to 12, valid, and worked in 10.9 and 10.9.1. Normally, the enabler interferes with HDMI audio and it finally caught up to you. Edit the dsdt/HDEF as noted previously. Reply with edited dsdt and IOReg with native 10.9.2 kexts.

You misunderstood, my 662 question is, are you trying to get 662 onboard audio to work in addition to HDMI audio?

Sorry, my english is bad sometimes. I'm not trying to get 662 onboard audio. I just want HDMI audio working.

Regarding HDMI audio in 10.9.2, your dsdt has an invalid layout-id.

I did this DSDT when i had a Nvidia GT 430. Would that be the reason for invalid layout-id or i misunderstood?

The enabler sets the layout-id to 12, valid, and worked in 10.9 and 10.9.1. Normally, the enabler interferes with HDMI audio and it finally caught up to you. Edit the dsdt/HDEF as noted previously. Reply with edited dsdt and IOReg with native 10.9.2 kexts.

I'm confused in this. The topic ML: How to Add or Edit dsdt/HDEF looks like i need patch my dsdt with correct HDEF, right?

Thanks for your help. I ask patience with me :)

Hello all,

i don't have any GC because i have a i5 with HD4600

Can i enable the audio HDMI or do i need a GC with HDMI ?

Thanks for your help

Just updated to 10.9.2 and lost HDMI Audio.
I run my Multibeast always Audio/WithDSDT/ALC892/ (since 10.8.3) and no issues
I read the guide in the first page but I'm completely lost of what i need to do.
Attaching my DSDT if someone can see what need to be updated and help me out if not....10.9.1 is installing right now :banghead:

Thank you in advance.
View attachment DSDT.aml.zip

Hey all,

1st post so please go easy on me,

I currently have a G87N-wifi with the i3 4340, no dedicated graphics card, boot SSD drive,
installed Macericks 10.9.1 via multibeast, and am now currently trying the HDMI audio guides. as of 3 days into trying to get the audio working iv come to breaking point, the guides are very confusing and some of the links for downloads are broken. please help me in my quest foe HDMI audio. much regards in advance

kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back