Contribute
Register

Mavericks: HDMI Audio - AppleHDA [Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh it worked! Thank you Toleda.
Now the conector it appears in the audio preferences but i can't change the volume (i uploaded a photo).

Attachments

• DSDT.aml
    55.5 KB · Views: 135
  • Screen Shot 2014-02-21 at 05.43.15.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-02-21 at 05.43.15.jpg
    166.6 KB · Views: 195
  • Carles’s Mac Pro.ioreg
    3.2 MB · Views: 107
Toleda, I have a question for you.

I have had HDMI audio working pretty much flawlessly, except for one tiny issue that I have to keep an eye on constantly. The HDMI audio bit rate and speaker configuration (2ch / 8ch) works up to and including 192 Khz (awesome for emulators that can sample at higher rates than the original hardware such as NotSoFatso for WinAmp inside CrossOver), but on bootup and every so often, the channels get switched on their own. Left becomes right and right becomes left. It's easy to "fix" it temporarily by changing the audio bit rate to anything else and changing it back at which point the channels are properly mapped, but is there a way to prevent this from happening in the first place?

For reference I am using the unpatched AppleHDA along with your HDMI audio SSDT for use with my GTX 780. This happens on both the HDMI port and the DisplayPort (via DP -> HDMI adapter). The only reason I really noticed it is because most of the music I listen to is VGM, which has very distinct left and right channel information, which makes it easy to tell when they're transposed.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated. :)

is there a way to prevent this from happening in the first place?
This is the first I've heard of a problem in HDMI audio (analog, USB, Chrome, etc., documented). Rather than a kext problem (you are native) it appears to be a coreaudiod problem; perhaps memory management. Another way to treat the symptom is Activity Monitor/CPU/Force Quit coreaudiod. No known fix at this time.

Hi Toleda,

I used HDMI audio in my hackintosh since the Lion thanks to your guide and your help. However, since yesterday when updated 10.9.2 i cannot enable HDMI audio. I tried so many ways to get hdmi audio back but no way. Can you help me again?

My System:

Motherboard: Foxconn g31mxp-k Core2Quad 2,67Ghz
Sound Onboard: Alc662
Graphics: EVGA Nvidia GT 640 2048mb

I attached my IORegistry and DSDT. Any help is useful for me.

Thanks!

Attachments

• dsdt.aml
    16.9 KB · Views: 134
  • IORegistry Explorer.zip
    319.9 KB · Views: 82
What AppleHDA.kext was installed previously for HDMI audio?

Hi Toleda,

I attached this kext that worked in 10.9 and 10.9.1. However this kext works on 10.9 and 10.9.1 only when HDAenabler is installed (no onboard audio, but HDMI audio works).

I also have a partition with 10.9.0 installed with these extensions working.

Thanks.

Attachments

• AppleHDA.kext.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 100
  • HDAEnabler.kext.zip
    24.5 KB · Views: 110
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back