Contribute
Register

Mavericks: HDMI Audio - AppleHDA [Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
H87N-wifi step-by-step guide: My setup is H87N-Wifi + 4765t w/ HD4600 graphics

1. Clean Mavericks 10.9.1 from apple store and unibeast install
2. Navigate to S/L/E and copy the Apple HDA and AppleIntel AZUL .kexts to a safe place in case of error.
3. Multibeast .mb file from H87N-wifi golden build thread.
4. The .mb file give an error about an older Intel gigabit driver, just select the new Intel driver.
5. DESELECT the "without dsdt" audio ALC892 and HDAEnabler boxes
6. Select the "WITH DSDT" ALC892 box.
7. SET IGPEnabler = No
8. Build with multibeast
9. Restart
10. Open MaciASL and clicked compile. It gave me 1 error
11. MaciASL/Preferences/Sources --> ADD https://raw.github.com/toleda/audio_hdmi_8series/master
12. In MaciASL click PATCH
13. On the left side find the new sources and select "8 series clean compile"
14. Wait a second and then click "APPLY"
15. Click cancel to take you back to the main MaciASL screen and click Compile. It should compile without error.
16. Click PATCH
17. Select
Desktop-HD5K/AMD/Nvidia-A1 on the left side and again click APPLY and then CANCEL and then COMPILE.
18. It should compile without error.
19. Click File SAVE AS... and make sure you save it as a binary file.
20. the name of the file is dsdt.aml and make sure you save it to the /Extras/ folder
20a. Open DPCI Manager and click REBUILD KERNEL CACHE
21. Reboot
22. NEXT patch the APPLEHDA.kext with this file. You have to click the link and then download the file by clicking "view raw". Once its downloaded, double click the file and you'll have to type in your password. It should run without error. audio_hdmi_8series/audio_hdmi_hd5K-hda-90_patch.command.zip at master · toleda/audio_hdmi_8series
23. NEXT patch the AZULkext. You have to click the link and then download the file by clicking "view raw". Once its downloaded, double click the file. It shouldn't ask you for the password this time.Should complete without error.audio_hdmi_8series/audio_hdmi_hd5k-azul-90_patch.command.zip at master · toleda/audio_hdmi_8series
24. Reboot and check System Preferences / Sound / Output and look for the HDMI output.
25. Good luck!

15. Click cancel to take you back to the main MaciASL screen and click Compile. It should compile without error.
17. Select
Desktop-HD5K/AMD/Nvidia-A1 on the left side and again click APPLY and then CANCEL and then COMPILE.
Steps 15 and 17, use Close not Cancel.

I had HD5850 in ep45t-ud3lr, your tutorial worked perfectly in mountain lion and mavericks... I managed to edit the frame buffers correctly getting HDMI hot plug with audio and the DVI all together

But now I managed to upgrade to haswell so bought h87-hd3 and i5-4440 alongside my old HD5850
installing mavericks went perfect and everything works smoothly except HDMI audio so seems like I am missing a point here.

I used the exact same frame buffer that used to work with the old motherboard but HDMI audio is not detected, the thing is when I searched up DSDT's and power management patches for haswell I found out that unlike my older motherboard I won't need a DSDT at all, that lead the HDMI audio not to work

The idea of everything working as great as it should except HDMI audio only doesn't encourage me to use a DSDT as in fact I always copied that from other's edits and have never done one myself, so what to do?

The guy above seem to have selected (with DSDT) from multi beast while not even using one, is that right?

The idea of everything working as great as it should except HDMI audio only doesn't encourage me to use a DSDT as in fact I always copied that from other's edits and have never done one myself, so what to do?

The guy above seem to have selected (with DSDT) from multi beast while not even using one, is that right?
Not a good idea to use a dsdt or edits from a different system. Using an ssdt is the same as using a dsdt; MultiBeast/Without DSDT installs an audio enabler that disables dsdt/ssdt HDMI audio.

See Post#1, Use 8 Series HDMI Audio (dsdt or ssdt) -DesktopApply MaciASL/Patch/8series/Desktop-HD5K/AMD/Nvidia-A1
Read [Guide]-Haswell-hdmi_audio_(dsdt_or_ssdt)_v1.2.pdf
If there is problem, see Problem Reporting

Not a good idea to use a dsdt or edits from a different system. Using an ssdt is the same as using a dsdt; MultiBeast/Without DSDT installs an audio enabler that disables dsdt/ssdt HDMI audio.

See Post#1, Use 8 Series HDMI Audio (dsdt or ssdt) -DesktopApply MaciASL/Patch/8series/Desktop-HD5K/AMD/Nvidia-A1
Read [Guide]-Haswell-hdmi_audio_(dsdt_or_ssdt)_v1.2.pdf
If there is problem, see Problem Reporting

Awesome got it to work using DSDT, thanks!

Apologies if this has been asked already, can you change the port that works with HDMI audio on motherboards with 2 HDMI ports?

Currently HDMI audio only works on device connected to port 1, but port 2 nothing.

Thanks.

(Gigabyte H77N-WIFI, using the dsdt from tonymac database)

Will this work for ga-z87x-ud7-TH? I'm looking to get hdmi audio working and the wifi/Bluetooth pice card functioning... There are commands I don't understand nor know where to find, like:
Navigate to S/L/E and copy audio
open maciASL, etcetera....
a hand hold to get my machine up and running will be appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back