Contribute
Register

Mavericks: HDMI Audio - AppleHDA [Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi bro , I've been on this for a couple of days now .. and can't really get it ..

I've installed MultiBeast with THIS dsdt.aml I've found online that was patched for my motherboard
and also my GT610 HDMI+Audio enabled(asus) .. however the HD 4600 HDMI audio doesn't work (video only)
I was wonderring if you could patch the DSDT.aml I found ..
I have patched the kext (after the multibeast install) as per notes 1 & 2 of your guide ..
(should I have done it prior ??)

This is my multibeast settings (No HDAEnablerX) :

Screen Shot 2014-01-18 at 5.20.21 AM.png

I tried to come up with a "fresh" DSDT (booted with DSDT=Null) started MaciASL ..
however .. right after hitting EXTRACT DSDT (from ACPI etc.. ) I try to compile it and it gives me this :

Screen Shot 2014-01-20 at 4.43.49 AM.jpg
and then :
The document “System DSDT” could not be saved as “System DSDT.aml”. The compiler returned one or more errors.

Please advise my man .. as I'm pretty lost :)

Thanx a lot for bringing this to all of us .. and for the support !!

Attachments

• dsdt.aml.zip
    15.9 KB · Views: 87
The document “System DSDT” could not be saved as “System DSDT.aml”. The compiler returned one or more errors.
No shortcuts. Installing a dsdt from another system is not recommended. Save the extracted dsdt as System DSDT.dsl (dissembled ASL file). Apply 8series-Clean Compile and save as .aml. Apply the 8series HDMI audio edits as noted in the guide.

Just wanted to say thanks!
I struggled because I don't know much about this stuff, but I got there with my GA-H87M-HD3.
Even though I didn't use it, your responsiveness and willingness to help others is pretty cool. Keep up the good work.

HAy Thanx Toleda !

Should I do it on a CLEAN install before multibeast drivers ??
No shortcuts. Installing a dsdt from another system is not recommended. Save the extracted dsdt as System DSDT.dsl (dissembled ASL file). *Apply 8series-Clean Compile and save as .aml. **Apply the 8series HDMI audio edits as noted in the guide.

Am I to patch 2wice ??
Once the CLEAN COMPILE .. and the 2nd one ??
(I have HD4600 and GT610 - GA-Z87M-D3H - i5 4670K)
I'm not sure which is the correct patch for me.

Thanks a lot for taking your time to respond man !

I'm can't figure out which patch to use :banghead:. I'll just give my specs so maybe someone might be able to help me choose:

IPIBL-LB Motherboard (I know, lame, I have an OEM computer)
GT240
G33 chipset
Using DSDT audio layout 3
Realtek 888s
Mavericks

Hi ... thanx again for your help bud! but I'm afraid .. I'm still doin' something wrong.

I don't get it ...

Did all scenarios on both ML and Mvrx .. FRESH install BEFORE Multibeast :

1.)I booted to the UniBeast USB with both GT610 and IGPU enabled (booting to GT610)

Went to the OS partition .. Applied the 2 patched (85 or 90 pending on which install)

Then I launched MaciASL extracted DSDT from ACPI hit COMPILE and to this :

View attachment 80761

and then if I tried to save I got this :

View attachment 80762

NEVERTHELESS if I continue and patch CLEAN_COMPILE and then hit COMPILE I get this :
(And am able to save)
View attachment 80763

Saved in Extra folder along with the SSDT-1 (renamed to SSDT.aml)

Then I install Multibeast's kexts "WITH DSDT" plus FakeSMC , Ethernet, TRIM & Sata and bootloader.

Rebuilt Cache ...
Booting with the default SMBIOS from multi beast .. and I get to the OS ..
with ONLY the basic 4 port audio (Intnl spkrs, LineOut,LineOut & Digital Out) plus my
AirPlay compatible devices as SOUND OUTPUTS. no hdmi to HD 4600 :(
*all graphics features of GT610 and HD4600 seem to work fine (2 screens and LCD)

What am I doing wrong ????

Thanx again !

Saved in Extra folder along with the SSDT-1 (renamed to SSDT.aml)
dsdt or ssdt, one or the other, not both. Remove the ssdt.
See post #1, Problem Reporting; attach the requested information.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back