Contribute
Register

Mavericks: HDMI Audio - AppleHDA [Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry about that. The description is still the same.
Hey, I am trying to get HDMI Audio to work with my Z68 Motherboard (no use of integrated graphics) and my ATI HD5770.
I followed your awesome work over https://github.com/toleda/audio_CloverHDMI , but there is still no HDMI in audio settings. What i have done so far:
- ACPI/DSDT/Fixes/
1. NewWay = YES
2. AddHDMI = YES
- Devices/Audio/Inject/Layout = 3

Since my HD5770 is recognized well and works perfect with Vervet Framebuffer and ATI Injection i think i don't have to edit kexts here?
So the point were things go wrong is editing "KernelAndKextsPatches/KextsToPatch/hdmi... (hdmi audio patch(es))" i guess. I probably don't know what kext to patch how. The plist files attached over on github are only for the integrated graphics or am i wrong?

Maybe someone can help me out here. Thanks a lot.
OS X version/motherboard model/BIOS version/processor/graphics
10.9.4/Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3/latest Uefi Bios/2500k/ATI HD5770

However i can't get the bootleg to be updated. Tried to check every debug field in clover configurator and manually added the debug command in config.plist, but its still just the log from 5. of april.

Attachments

• back.iojones
    1.6 MB · Views: 101
  • DSDT.aml
    41 KB · Views: 126
  • SSDT.aml
    1.3 KB · Views: 119
  • config.plist
    5.7 KB · Views: 258
  • back.ioreg
    4 MB · Views: 130
However i can't get the bootleg to be updated.
Cannot use S/L/E/HDAEnabler1.kext with HDMI audio; remove.
Edit config.plst
1. Devices/Audio/Inject/Layout/3
2. Boot/Log/YES

Restart
Reply with new debug.log, IOJones and EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched/1st and last dsdt.aml

Oh didn't realized that i had the old kext loaded, since i do not use the chameleon boot loader anymore. Removed the kext. The onboard audio shows up in system profile but i can't select an input/output. HDMI audio still not found. I have just the dsdt.aml from my previous post in EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched/ . Attached the debug.log and new IOJones file. Hope u can help.

Attachments

• debug.log
    18.4 KB · Views: 105
  • 1.iojones
    1.2 MB · Views: 117
Here we go. :)

Attachments

• DSDT.aml
    41 KB · Views: 134
  • DSDT-pa0.aml
    46.1 KB · Views: 103
The onboard audio shows up in system profile but i can't select an input/output.
Install Clover onboard audio, toleda/audio_CloverALC

To see Clover patched dsdt, set config.plist/ACPI/DSDT/Debug/YES

Reply with new IOJones, debug.log and new EFI/Clover/ACPI/origin/dsdt

Hey, thanks to you i got my onboard sound working without hdaenabler. Only issue i recognized is the strange names coming out which you can see in attachment 1.png. Only thing i have trouble with hdmi now is the point "1. KernelAndKextsPatches/KextsToPatch/hdmi... (hdmi audio patch(es))". I still don't know what to add there. The example.plists in your repository are only for integrated graphics or am i wrong?

Attachments

• DSDT-pa0.aml
    46.1 KB · Views: 129
  • config.plist
    5.8 KB · Views: 239
  • 2.iojones
    1.2 MB · Views: 98
  • 1.png
    1.png
    110.2 KB · Views: 175
  • debug.log.zip
    32.4 KB · Views: 76
Hey, thanks to you i got my onboard sound working without hdaenabler. Only issue i recognized is the strange names
Did not use the native AppleHDA.kext. Install the native AppleHDA.kext and run audio_cloverALC889-90_patch.command again.

Clover does not support AMD HDMI audio with the version you are using. See Post #1, 6 Series Motherboards for dsdt or ssdt HDMI audio.

Thanks to your initial help i got HDMI Audio to work with some additions in my dsdt.aml. Only strange thing are the "DevShortNameXX"-Names left in System Profile. Any suggestions how to fix this? Have tried reapplying 10.9.4 to get fresh AppleHDA and rerun the audio_cloverALC889-90_patch.command with no success. Also tried an native AppleHDA from 10.9.3, but then i don't get any Onboardsound at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back