Classic Mac
  1. Color Classic
  2. eMac
  3. iBook
  4. iMac
  5. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I should start with an apology as I didn't take the time to post the success of my HackinStein build [repurposed parts from my MacBook Pro were utilized for the build thus the "Stein"]

To the heart of the matter: Upon a successful (?) install of Mavericks 10.9.2 [Luckily I had the foresight to place the install on a separate partition rather than upgrade my Mountain Lion 10.8.5 install.] I have run across anomalies that I haven't been able to track down. 1. Sound Device disappears, 2. Bluetooth Device Device Disappears, & 3. Spotlight appears schizophrenic, the magnifying glass icon in the menu bar blinks and it cannot be selected. I am aware of Audio being an issue with Apple Hardware [due to the amount of research I did before posting this] as well as Wi-Fi [luckily I haven't been plagued with such an issue thus far]. As per a forum post here, I rolled back my audio drivers using MultiBeast 5.5.5 [I have yet to try putting the machine to sleep as I haven't tackled the instant wake issue, which I can live with as sound is FAR more important than the aforementioned nuisance.] I wanted to know if anyone else has noticed similar anomolies and if there were/are any solutions/fixes...

[UPDATE]
Chrome / Torch Web Browsers cause audio to degrade in the span of 10 minutes or so. I would assume it has to do with flash, I am unable to say for sure as I refuse to install Flash on any on my FreeBSD, Mac OS, & Linux boxes [Windoze is another animal all together] and I know Chrome & it's derivative Torch have flash plug in's built in.

I found a BEAUTIFUL work around for watching YouTube Video in Safari, after activating the Develop menu, Change your User Agent to Safari iOS 7 - iPad [you might have to opt in to HTML5 player program on YouTube for this to work, I'm not sure]

[ANOTHER UPDATE]
Turns out the sound degradation is NOT limited to Chrome & Torch as I once thought, Garageband is susceptible to the disappearing sound as well. I'm Baffled as audio in Safari doesn't crap out. I'm going to test Logic Pro, Ableton Live, Renoise & a few others and report back but I expect the results will mimic those of Garageband...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back