4. Classic
  5. iBook
  6. Performa
  7. Power Mac
  8. PowerBook
  9. SE
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
So i took the time to update my system over to 10.9 today from a perfectly running 10.8.5 and while I should have known everything went too easy, now I noticed that the over clock is not showing in Mavericks.

I installed 10.9 on a fresh SSD, left my 10.8.5 SSD alone for safety sake, so I can do comparisons between the 2 drives.

If I boot into 10.8.5, my over clock of 4.7Ghz shows up in the system profiler just fine (4.3Ghz in "About this Mac") but if I boot into 10.9, it shows the stock 3.49Ghz in both "About this Mac" and the system profiler, but with MSRDumper and HWMonitor I can see the CPU step pings hitting the 47 ratio all the way down to 16 which I have set in the custom SSDT.aml. (Same SSDT as my 10.8.5 install)

When I boot into the Bios (Nothing was changed), it shows the CPU running at 4.7Ghz just like it should.

EIST is disabled which is the only other thing I have seen people mention, so I am kind of at a loss.

Anyone have any ideas?

Nevermind; Solved.

It was Chimera. I reverted back a version which is what is running on my 10.8.5 install and now the OC is showing in 10.9.

After I updated, my OC still won't show up like it should.
Speedstep is working however.

I OC'd my stock Q9550 from 2,85 GHz to 3,9 Ghz and my ram frequency from 800 Mhz to 1102 Mhz.

This worked perfect in Mountain Lion. HWMonitor now just shows 2,85 GHz and my benchmarks also dropped.

Does anyone have a solution for this ?

I went back to Chimera 2.1.2 which is also included in Multibeast. I have always had EIST disabled since I built the machine since it caused issues with the OC reading correctly on ML as well.

I have a SSDT set up to run from 16-47 ratios in 100mhz increments on all cores (3770k), so the machine throttles very smoothly and with speed step setup this way and it'll only jump up to what it needs at the moment which helps with the heat.

So far everything is running smoothly after getting the OC sorted out including all 3x 1080p screens + 1x 4K screen off a Radeon 7970 GHZ OC 6GB card.

Hi, could you help me? My i7 2600k stuck at 4.2G after upgraded to OSX 10.9 It kernel crashes at any frequency larger than 4.2G. Could u give me your SSDT file?

thank you!

I have the same problem with an i7 4770k :cry:

I have the same problem with an i7 4770k :cry:

Same here. I tried 4.5GHz with my 4770K on the GA-Z87X-D3H with Mavericks: I got a black screen with an error warning (I think it was "Memory allocation error, system halted" or something). So I tried 4.4: The apple boot screen showed up, but I also got an error. At 4.3GHz, the loading circle on the Apple boot screen wouldn't stop rotating, so I tried 4.2. That worked fine. And I even got a better Cinebench score than a friend who's running the 4770K at 4.5GHz with Windows. I'd love to know what kind of monster mine would be at 4.5GHz ^^ Does anybody know what could be the problem here? Maybe some MultiBeast settings?

Here is an SSDT.aml for an i7 from 1.6 up to 4.6ghz in 100mhz increments.

You can try that and see if it helps get past the 4.2 mark.

I am currently working on something a little bigger :)

Attachments

• SSDT.aml
    1 KB · Views: 222
  • Screen Shot 2013-11-22 at 8.07.06 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-11-22 at 8.07.06 PM.png
    29.4 KB · Views: 123
Exactly the same for me.
If I go over 4.2 everything goes haywire.

I dunno if 4.2 is some kinda limit, or if the system only can work with 4.2 because THAT´s the frequency the CPU was at when Mavericks was installed...

I´d also REALLY like to see the setup and file that SixSixtySix is using.
Might be very helpful to us all :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Same here. I tried 4.5GHz with my 4770K on the GA-Z87X-D3H with Mavericks: I got a black screen with an error warning (I think it was "Memory allocation error, system halted" or something). So I tried 4.4: The apple boot screen showed up, but I also got an error. At 4.3GHz, the loading circle on the Apple boot screen wouldn't stop rotating, so I tried 4.2. That worked fine. And I even got a better Cinebench score than a friend who's running the 4770K at 4.5GHz with Windows. I'd love to know what kind of monster mine would be at 4.5GHz ^^ Does anybody know what could be the problem here? Maybe some MultiBeast settings?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back